DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: Okay so i got a cold intake for my 2002 Dodge Neon SXT and i got everything put in but the crankcase vent tube is too short to connect to the intake?? im not sure wat to do..can anybody help?? and when i turn on my car my engine light and battery light comes on-- so im not sure if i even did stuff correct so yeah ADVISE please

· Registered
1,056 Posts
the battery light definitely should not come on as a result of the crankcase tube not being hooked up

sounds like you have more worries besides the crankcase vent tube

· So whats UR excuse?
4,520 Posts
Sounds like your charging system may have a flaw. Check your cables and terminals at the battery. As far as the breather tube goes, a trip to Napa for a longer piece of hose would remedy that. If the light stays on have it checked at autozone or advanced for free. A loose or worn out alt belt may also cause this. Good luck

· Registered
228 Posts
i had an 02 sxt befor i got my srt4. yea just go to autozone or something and get a longer hose to connect it. idk about the battery light but if the hose aint long enough that may cause the engine light and also if the air intake temp sensor isnt in it might cause it to go off also. just a thought hope it helps.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advise i ended up taking it to autozone and i forgot a piece for the temp sensor on the stock air box and they took a grommet and it fit in the intake pipe fine and then did an engine check it just registered as have cold air in it than normal and 2 mins later started her up again..BOOM enjoyin the CAI ASAP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.