DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in getting a cold air intake for my HEMI. First I would like to know which one works the best?
Second, how loud is the intake insode the cab. I used to have a K&N intake in my 2001 Dakota 4.7. When WOT, it was super loud in the cab. The dash would viberate and everything. My brother has a K&N in his F-150 and it isn't nearly as loud.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but how loud are they inside the cab. I don't want the dash viberating like it did with my Dakota

·
1,965 Posts
You don't have to worry about that. Running no filter and no bends in my intake just a straight pipe to my srt hood and its louder but nothing like what your describing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So which one works the best?

·
Registered
522 Posts
RamHammer

·
Garaged
4,323 Posts
So which one works the best?
Thats probably the oldest, most common question on the forums. It kinda goes along with, "Whats the best exhaust" and "Whats the best oil". You get about 20 different answers on this topic. Good luck. ;)

PH

·
Registered
522 Posts
383HEMI said:
Thats probably the oldest, most common question on the forums. It kinda goes along with, "Whats the best exhaust" and "Whats the best oil".

PH

You forgot headers and spark plugs as well lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know what you guys mean......ok....which ones are C.A.R.B. approved? I know my K&N system that was on my Dakota was

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I feel for you Cali guys...I think it is rediculous that your intake has to be carb approved. Whats the difference between a $300 carb approved piece of pipe in the K&N versus a $50 homebrew with the same filter??

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
badzdad said:
RamHammer
I second that!
Mine is being sent out Monday.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's California!!!!!!!!!! This state has gone to hell in a hand basket!! I hate it here!! Definitely getting out of here when I retire!!

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Did you read my pm,.. did it help any?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
i have the K&N on mine an when i really get on it i get alittle rattle in the dashboard

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
ther are a few of us in Cali that said screw it and just did whatever we want.... still hav 3 years before my first test anyways... I'll just spend a couple hours before I test an swap the intake and headers out...test...then put it back...

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
lol...funny...I started hangin out with some Norcal guys and they all had the same Cali concerns...As soon as i told them what I've done to my truck, they all said fu!$ it, so are we!!!... it's a revolution!!!! lol

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
california emissions start here in 2010, this sucks! oh yea get an ebay intake its 50-70 bux and you can put it on and take it off in less than 20 min! peace

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.