Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi board, first poster here,

I was looking at Volant Cool air kit for my 1994 318, (think its part # is VOL-16859) Does any one have any experiance with this product? There is also a air scoop (VOL-36859) avalabile too.

Is the air box much larger than the OEM (Or would on be better off just buying a high performance airfilter for their orginal airbox since its already an cold air unit)? Is the optional air scoop helpful? Where does the air scoop finally rest at? Most of all, does it seem worth the money? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Volant premium cool air intake

This product must be just out since no one has replied back. I was also wondering if and how it would work out with a Fastman's throddle body. Anyone have any comments? :huh:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I can't speak for the volant system you are inquiring about but I've got a K&N FIPK with a Fastman TB and have notice a huge increase in throttle response and power. Hoepefully some guys or girls that have this system will jump on to help you out.

·
The Green Machine
1,722 Posts
tailgate said:
Hi board, first poster here,

I was looking at Volant Cool air kit for my 1994 318, (think its part # is VOL-16859) Does any one have any experiance with this product? There is also a air scoop (VOL-36859) avalabile too.

Is the air box much larger than the OEM (Or would on be better off just buying a high performance airfilter for their orginal airbox since its already an cold air unit)? Is the optional air scoop helpful? Where does the air scoop finally rest at? Most of all, does it seem worth the money? Thanks in advance
Yesterday I got my Volant from PremierTruckAccessories.com (a DT sponsor) for my 98 360. Put it on the same day and ran it on about a 40-mile round trip. At WOT, sounds like an old Chebby 350 w/ the air-cleaner lid flipped over (had a 73 Monte in my teens :D). Otherwise, you barely hear it. While I wouldn't call this 'experience', I do like it so far. Can't give you any HP or MPG numbers yet...

If you'd like, PM me in a couple of weeks and I'll update you further.

Don't have a performance TB yet, but will be getting a Fastman 50 when I do go for one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Volant cool air intake & Fastman TB

Edgelock, what kind of exhaust are you currently running with your Intake? Do you think you have noticed any torqur or power improvements with the intake change out?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to ask you if the area (volume) was larger than the stock air filter box?

:STY: Edgelock, what kind of exhaust are you currently running with your Intake? Do you think you have noticed any torqur or power improvements with the intake change out?

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I have the Fastman TB and a MAC cold Air intake and a home made heat sheild kinda like the one the K&N comes with. I got so good gains from my set up. Only cost about 150 bucks.

·
The Green Machine
1,722 Posts
tailgate said:
I forgot to ask you if the area (volume) was larger than the stock air filter box?

:STY: Edgelock, what kind of exhaust are you currently running with your Intake? Do you think you have noticed any torqur or power improvements with the intake change out?
It looks bigger (don't have the exact numbers...) - it's a conical filter, as opposed to the stock rectangular filter. Here's a link to David's site - this is the setup I got (PM or email him about a Dodgetalk price):

http://www.premiertruckaccessories.com/vol16859.html

I still have the stock exhaust. I'll be getting a Magnaflow setup soon - high flow converter and cat-back exhaust (still looking for a Y-pipe to replace the stocker :D ).

Still a little early to tell about power improvements (I live only 5 miles from work...). I'll be making a 150 mile round-trip this weekend - I'll let you know how it feels/runs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I decided to go ahead and order the Volant Cool Air & the Fastman 50mm. Seems Fastman's product will take longer to get to me, so I will have to wait till both items are here to make the modification. I didn't know about a Dodgetalk discount, but got my CIA for $270 w/shipping included.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
redrams77,

What kind of buy did you get on your Fastman TB?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was billed $308 cause I haven't returned my core yet, once that is done it will be $225.

·
The Green Machine
1,722 Posts
My first fill up after installing the Volant CAI - about 2MPG increase (got 13.22 was getting around 11...) :cool:

Probably be filling up again on Sunday or Monday - hopefully I'll stay in the 13MPG range...I'll let ya know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.