DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my question is, what is the advantage of getting coilovers over getting regular lowering springs?

also, what does a map clamp do?

incase you guys can't guess this is my first car i have ever really done any performance on besides putting an exhaust on so please help me out :p

· Registered
136 Posts
coil overs give you a better ride and handling and are adjustable for ride height and dampening. lowering springs just lower the car and can sometimes cause premature strut failure.
A map clamp changes the voltage that the ecu reads from the map sensor at high boost levels which causes the ecu to read a lower boost pressure that what there is an soit(the ecu) does not pull as much timing.
Do not get a map clamp with out an wideband gauge as means of tuning the clamp if you try to do it without a wideband you can and most likely will damage your motor.

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cool. thanks ram!

Oh i was in South Carolina this weekend for thanksgiving. i thought about sending you a PM to see if you had time to meet up but the family kept me tied up the whole time :X. but i did have time to put my stage 2 on. havn't really got the time to completely test it out but from what i have felt from it, i really like :).

· Registered
136 Posts
Hope you had a good weekend. that stg 2 should build a good amount of power. If you get near by again let me know

· Registered
693 Posts
+1 on Coilovers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.