DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a male to male 8.5mm coil wire about 2-3' long and non of the parts houses here sell induvidual wires in 8.5mm. :help:
I am ordering a set of MSD red 8.5mm wires, but the coil wire connector will not work as I have an MSD Blaster 2 coil that has a female connector on it, and the dist cap is also female.
Right now I have it bridged with a brass connector but I'd like to have it right and get the proper wire for it.
any help or sugesting where I can get what I need is appreciated.
thanks

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nevermind, got in touch with an MSD supplier and they make an 8.5mm red MSD wire set to work with the Blaster 2 coil for $90.
Comes with a 2.5' coil wire so I should be able to reach the coil on the fenderwell no problem. :tup:
Should be here tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
345 Posts
hopefully you didnt get the matched set from msd....i purchased their kit for the 360 and it didnt fit, the connectors on the wires for the cap were for the LA style engine.....

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shouldn't be, this guy took down the year, make, model, engine size, and coil type.
If it's the wrong part then I'll either get the right one or get my money back. One nice thing about dealing with the parts house is they won't stick me for shipping charges if it's the wrong part. I'll let you know in the morning when I pick it up.
Just wondering if I still need the flex conduit to insulate the wires. 8.5mm should be thick enough to prevent induction, right?
edit: but the conduit would mask the cosmetic ehancement of the red wires...not that the engine bay is that clean anyway.

·
Registered
345 Posts
never had a problem with my 8.5's when i got the correct set, just thought id give ya a warning about getting the wrong part......msd is based outta here...but unfortunantly i have no clue where the plant is located.....

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE: well, the dumbasses at the parts house ordered the wrong set....I know, you told me so. This guy was so adament about knowing that I needed a male to femail coil wire, said he knew I had an aftermarket coil (I told him numerous times) and assured me I would have the right set of wires to fit my application. When the wires arrived, I pointed out why they woulnd't fit, and told him that I have an aftermarket coil (again) he says, 'oh, you have that type of coil'. What an idoit. :crazy:
I was pretty pissed off so I got them to make it right...somewhat.
They called MSD and tried to explain to them what the problem was, after about 5-6 minutes I told the guy to give me the phone. He looked at me like I had lost my mind. After I talked with the tech at MSD for about 3 minutes the problem was fixed.
Since I have an 'old style' MSD Blaster 2 coil (looks like a skinny beer can) they would need to custom make a 27" 8.5mm male to female coil wire...that would cost money and take time. So I got the MSD people to send a complete boot replacement kit to the parts house and the parts house paid for it ($6).
So, I picked up boot repair kit this morning, cut off the female end of the MSD coil wire, crimped on the male end and now it's right.
What a pain in the ass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.