DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on upgrading suspension parts on my 2500 diesel. Just recently upgraded the rear leaf packs. All brand new and rides great. Truck already has Bilstein 5100's and a 2.5" level spacers. I'm replacing the coils now and would like some real world suggestions. I wanna keep the level or close to it. Carli and Thuren are my top options but obviously most expensive. My next option is General Springs and the 2.5'' HD springs they sell, they have a 2600# set and 5000# set, which set would be best option for the diesels?(no plow or HD bumper). And my last option is to keep the spacers and just replace the stock springs with HD stock height springs, its the cheapest option by far and can get them from General as well. Whats your recommendations? I do hunt and fish but no serious off-roading or mudding, truck is my daily so I'm not sure if the Carli's or Thuren's are worth the extra $$$. Thanks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the cheaper coils including TufTruck were around $300-325 plus shipping. Thuren's are $350 plus shipping but are backordered. Carli bumps it up to $440 and free shipping. Thuren has been the most recommended I've seen for 2nd gen trucks with Carli in a close second place. Shipping costs average around $70 no matter the pair of coils. So far I have my adjustable track bar, extended drag links I made myself, new 2-3" lift control arms, steering box brace, and a few other steering upgrade components. Only thing left to complete the puzzle is new coils and new shocks when these 5100's wear out. Rear end has been done with new HD leaf springs that lifted around 1" compared to stock and ride a bit stiffer but will handle a lot more weight. And I made my own carrier bearing drop brackets.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.