DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
mope
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 ram 4x4 and wanted to put the coil spacers on. What do you guys think about them that have them. Where would be a good place to get them, and do I need to install longer shocks?? DO any of you that have them noticed whether they make the front sit higher that the back? Thanks.

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
I have the Revtek 2" spacers and it made the front end sit about 1 1/2" higher than before. Considering your truck is older, I find it hard to imagine that the front will sit higher as your springs will have compressed slightly over the years. But no you will not need longer shocks for a 2" spacer although I do recommend installing new shocks. I love the way it made my truck look, and there is no difference in ride, although with my big tires I now can turn HARD left with no tire rub like I had before.

·
mope
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I cannot afford shocks at the moment but they would be added in the future. BTW do you know a good place to get these, and what a good price would be for them. i have seen them range from about 100 to 200 dollars. Also are they difficult to install?(meaning getting the spring out and such).
Thanks again.

·
mope
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no problem, now hopefully we can get some more input on this :D

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
go to the top of the page and under search type in coil spring spacers and you will find ALOT of info

·
mope
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
O.K. Thanks

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
They are not too hard to install. I just put 2" spacers on my 2000 Off Road. I had to disconnect the pass. side tie rod end from the steering knuckle and the track bar also, oh yeah and the sway bar. Once I did that the rear dropped planty to get the coil out (driver side fell out and hit my toe!) and to get them back in with the spacer.

Do a search on eBay for them. I got mine from topguncustomz for $79 and they are welded steel, very nice quality.

·
Older, but no wiser.
989 Posts
I have a new set that I bought for a previous truck and never installed. The are the Daystar urethane's with metal inserts and studs with self locking nuts. I used these same type on my other 1500 SB plow trucks with great results. Got rid of the low nose look when unloaded and supported the front with the plow installed. Never did need longer shocks but with the milage I had on those two trucks when I installed the spacers, it seemed like the right thing to change shocks at the same time. If your interested in my set, I still have the receipt and instructions fro Desert Rat Off Road. PM me and we can work something out. Good Luck... Chris

·
mope
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Meierznutz:
I sent you a P.M.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.