DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i added a rancho 4" lift to my 97' 2wd ram 1500 ext cab. I want the front end to sit higher then ther rear, which the rear sits higher still, plus i want to be able to fit 35's under there to.

So i was wondering if the coils on the 4wd rams and the coils on the 2wd ram are the same size. That way i can buy a used or new 2" daystar coil spacer for a 4wd ram and then cut off or take out the bolts so i could fit it on my 2wd ram. The problem is i dont want to get the 2wd 2.5" spacer(dont want to buy more parts or new shocks) or the 1.5" spacer, i want the 2". Unless there is another option that is cheaper or the same price.

Oh and the rancho kit came with coils, spindes, lower a-arm drop bracket, and ext. brake lines. The rear came with blocks and u bolts. Oh and it came with 4 rs5000 shocks for all corners.

Oh and im not going to be 4 wheeling or flexing my suspension at all. Pretty much city driving and when i do get off road it is at the desert and i dont take my truck through the dunes, thats what my buggy and quad is for.

to sum it up i just need to know if the 4wd coil spacer will fit onto the 2wd coils, i know that the 4wd has bolts and the 2wd doesnt.

and is the 2wd coil 2.5" i saw a spacer for sale for 2wd, but it said the coils had to be 2.5"

thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Why not just buy the 2.5" spacers made for the 2wd and cut off 1/2 an inch. You're in the perfect location, call some of the shops there in El Cajon. The guys at ORW or 4Wheel Direct could probably tell you right away what would work best. There's another good shop over on Bradley in El Cajon, but I can't remember the name of it. Good luck.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i fugered i would ask on here.

Is the store your thinking of 4 wheel parts? thats where i got my lift

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.