DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , I have the Fabtech Basic kit for the 1500 . Hence , I need the " DirtLogics" . . . Why can't I put the ( 4.0's - FTS23016 ) coilovers instead of the ( 2.5's ) on my truck ? . . . These say for the 2500 only . Well what gives ? is the bolt pattern different where the shock mounts on the 2500 , as apose to the 1500 ? . . I dout it , I'll bet they fit ! . . . . Can someone tell me otherwise ? . . . . . . :huh:

Thanx Guys :rck:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
havent really looked but i would imagine either the over all size of them, or not enough weight from the truck to actually utilize the dampening capabilities of the bigger coil over, not only on the shock side,but the beafy coil spring.
interms that those coil springs are alot stiffer since they are meant for big wieght, it would handle horribly and rebound hard...
JMHO

·
Registered
391 Posts
The 2500 is tottaly different than the 1500,ifs vs s/a.Frame is different as well.

Bob

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Thanx Bob . Guess I'm stuck wit gettin the 2.5's . . . . . Unless anyone knows another option ..................

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
yep, i guess i forgot to mention they are totally different i was comparing the bigger shocks vs smaller shocks to the wieght of the trucks...i threw them being totally different out the window...lol

plus im sure they are going to be ALOT longer!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just Reg'd on that other site u gave me . . . . . Waiting to activate . . . Looks like it ROCK's ! . . . . . . Thanx mang ! . . . . . . . . . . Do you know alot about suspensions ?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
yeah enough....i never admit alot, but have worked on alot of jeeps, dodges and my nova

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What hope do I have with this Fabtech basic 6" lift ? . . I now see these really bad ass KORE suspensions and wish I went that route . . . What do u think I should do as far as Coilovers and such . I know that Fabtech doesnt offer any Billet towers , but I want to get them . . . Is there other susp parts I should get , that Fabtech doesnt offer , and another Question , CAN I even add other non Fabtech stuff , to my suspension ? ...........Thanx

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
it depends on interchangabilty, you can interchange some parts but not all...on a 1500 there is really only a few things that you get performance out of..one is the coil overs the others would be the rear springs...whats easy on our trucks is its simplicity, like a straight axle, control arms etc..

with your your limited on hieght because of your cv axles, if i were you i would contact fox and see what they could do as far as your front coil overs and run some 2.5's resi in the back, tell them what you want to do with the truck and learn how to mess with shock valving

with the rear i would be getting intouch with deaver and see what they can offer in the rear leafs..alot of this stuff your doing will be a trial by fire, since no body has taken the time to do what your wainting to. with kore and carli they taken what nobody has done to the 2500's and made them capable of jumping a 8K ppund truck in the air..of course they learned the hard way so we can reap the rewards of there knowledge..

i would also be calling places like cognito or camburg that can re-work things like upper control arms with a uni-ball/ hiem joint. or build some nice knuckles...but like i said it will be a trial and error kind of deal and you will be limited on travel with the current cv axles...but man im sure something could be done, its just a road thats less traveled...

OH AND BRING A BIG WALLET..LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.