DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to wire the sensor ground on my wideband to the common ground as the coil. Any info would be nice!

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need it grounded to a common ground for the coil for minimal interference.

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
My wideband just ground off the power outlet or cig lighter ground. coil ground is just the normal ground not the supposedly "cleaner" ground that all the low voltage sensors use.
The body point where all the grounds come together should be a very clean connection point.

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
A ground is a ground. As long as there's no paint under your connector, where you ground it doesn't matter (shorter is better, though).

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
ALL related grounds should be soldered together and put in one place as a common ground if possible.

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the Sensor Ground, Heater Ground, and Shielding ground will all be going to the ground. I think I will try a ground near the foot petals, or hell I may just try grounding it at the cigarette lighter. I currenty do not have the Sensor Ground or the Shielding around my twisted pair grounded. The Sensor Ground is labeled Boost Ground but I feel pretty confident that it is the Common ground for all the wideband sensors, which may be my problem. I had to look at other wideband and datalogger installation instructions to figure this out, they all have a sensor or digital ground.

My fingers are cross that is will fix the strange spikes in my RPM readings at WOT!

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Oh that's right you have the data logger and wideband together.
I think the cleaner sensor ground would be the one on the passenger fender by the PCM, think that is where all the pcm grounds connect.

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn it!

But I can flip people off and get away with it! hahaha

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
:thatfunny

he's probably got a couple he can cross on the other hand

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh that's right you have the data logger and wideband together.
I think the cleaner sensor ground would be the one on the passenger fender by the PCM, think that is where all the pcm grounds connect.
Cool, I am sure hopping this fixes my problem. It has been a royal pain in the ass! I have redone this damn think so many times lol

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Well there is worse things you could slam a door on.

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
God forbid!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.