Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
82 Posts
ProScan

It's really cool!
The claims rival other PC based systems costing $100's more.
I love my ScanGauge, but I think I have $115 burning a hole in my pocket right now for a ProScan!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yeah but will it work on the Magnum? And $115 is all you need to spend?

S&^t Yeah I want one!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Supposedly it is CAN compatible I really feel that I need this. :)

It could pay for itself in a very short time between the magnum and my wife's Volvo.

Yeah, that's it, it will pay for itself in diagnostic costs alone.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
ProScan

This is ProScan's response to my question:

The ISO kit will work,
and this is a read-only tool - not to program, so you cannot change setting.
Thanks, and I hope this helps.
Amber Gore

Thank you for your interest in our product, and I hope this helps you!
Remember, ProScan is an in-expensive way to diagnose your car - compare it! You cannot beat it! Just to let you know about our interfaces, the ISO kit reads Import makes and Chryslers, VPW reads Chevy and PWM reads Ford.
Thanks again, and we hope we can do (or continue to do business with you!) Amber Gore Co-Owner ProScan/Gore Research

> The ProScan looks great!
> I have a couple of questions:
> 1. Which model will work with my 2005 Dodge Magnum RT?
> 2. Can I change any parameters in my car's computer with ProScan (as in the %#[email protected]# top speed limiter)?
> Please advise.
> Thanks

BTW, Dantodd, keep the mantra going.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm.... That's a little disappointing. I was hoping that it could atleast clear codes and reset the MIL.

I think I'm buying one this afternoon (I want to confirm that it is an ELM-based ssytem, if so there are other software packages that can send codes through the hardware) so I'll keep everyone posted.

I didn't even realize we have a built in accelerometer, I guess that damned event recorder is good for something!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, I just checked out the website a little further (I'm sure I found all this last night while I was doing research but staying up until 3AM kills my short term memory!)

This is an ELM-based decoder! So there is a ton of sfotware out to drive it and many are freeware/GPL

The software is compatible with other ELM-based scantools so if you already have an inexpensive reader the software for only $40 will do what you need.

Even if their dyno/track data is inaccurate it should be good enough to make comparisons of performance after mods.

I just placed an order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.