DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was rolling down the road yesteday and heard the chime. I look down expecting to see "low fuel" but it was the "check guages" light. I did as requested and the voltage meter was pegged to the high side. It was still running fine and when I reached my destination a few minutes later, I turned it off and started it again. Everything was ok and no lights were on, voltage meter was ok. Did the 3x key turn diagnose and came up with the P1594 code. I looked up the code here and I'm not sure what caused the high voltage. has anyone else seen this code? I am going to reset the PCM and see if it comes up again. Maybe it's my battery signalling the end....

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
It's more likely an alternator or regulation (PCM) issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PCM was replaced this summer. The light came on again yesterday and then went off after a few minutes. I'll check the alternator first.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
I hope you're right about the alternator. I don't know what, in the name of Zeus' butthole, they were thinking when they assigned alternator voltage regulation to the PCM. Talk about a set up for some bad juju...

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
WarrensD said:
I hope you're right about the alternator. I don't know what, in the name of Zeus' butthole, they were thinking when they assigned alternator voltage regulation to the PCM. Talk about a set up for some bad juju...

Yeah, but you know if the damn thing can handle that, then computer power supplies should be lasting damn near forever...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.