DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why would my trucks engine light come on showing code p0456 it happens only when temp is mid 40s or below??the first cold day we got it came on..i reset the computer ..it warmed up for a couple of weeks no code then the first cold morning engine light same code small very small emissions leak...checked hoses and gas cap all look good..it only happens when its cold out...any ideas???

·
Fathead
1,046 Posts
why would my trucks engine light come on showing code p0456 it happens only when temp is mid 40s or below??the first cold day we got it came on..i reset the computer ..it warmed up for a couple of weeks no code then the first cold morning engine light same code small very small emissions leak...checked hoses and gas cap all look good..it only happens when its cold out...any ideas???
Could be any number of things... The cold is likely causing a hose or seal to contract some, exposing cracks or just making the seal weaker. My bet would be the purge canister under the drivers side. Those hoses tend to dry out and crack on the ends. Cold would cause those cracks to be a bigger issue as the rubber hose material contracts some.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Needs a Natural Vacuum Leak Detection (NVLD) Assembly. The valve in them sticks when cold. Its next to the charcoal canister.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.