DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home tonight my check engine light came on, I check and it has a code P0442 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak).Where do I start looking for this problem? Any help would be appreciated! :help:

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Nevermind.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
tighten your gas cap . diconnect your battery for a few minutes and hook it back up to clear the code . evap code, your gas cap was lose more than likely. sounds stupid but trust me.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
The dealer told me to hear 3 clicks. Then you are good. The light might also not go off right away....but wait and it will.

·
2006 Magnum RT
209 Posts
i had same thing

had to replace my whole gas tank. I have a vibration now when you first stop and if you turn the wheel 1/4 of a turn brought it back 7 times they have no clue. They said it was a sensor that revs your truck at low speeds already changed it once it lasted one hour. They also said they would give me a new truck now I cant get them to answer the phone. :help:

·
Registered
25 Posts
thats correct your system detected a leak in the emissions system, if it was the gas cap it should clear itself your truck has a leak detection pump on it and the computer monitors it but sometimes it takes a couple good "trips" for it too clear and the computer see's a trip as more than just turning the truck on, if the light stays on after a week or so then you have a split vacume line somewere, no big deal but the light will stay on till its fixed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
dont disconnect your battery it wont help or turn the light out just let it run its corse like i said. If it is the gas cap it will clear almost right away

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.