DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i blow up my clutch in my 05 ram1500 4.7L 6spd.

I have replaced clutches before but never on a new style truck.
my number one thing i need to know is do i have to remove the torsion bar cross member to remove the transfer case. in order to pull the trans.

on my old dodge it had coil springs. so it was easy to pull the trans and transfer as one unit.
any help would be great. as im upgrading to center force stage 2 clutch.
and new flywheel, well im replacing everything to do with the clutch.

the funny thing is it blew when i was cruising at highway speeds and went to down shift, heard a loud bang and pedal went to the floor, the hyd system is good, as i replaced it thinking that blew out, but nope the release fork lever moves and nothing happens, so im thinking pressure plate or the throw out bearing snapped off the release for ears.

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
I only have the 04 5 speed, but hopefully these parts of the service manual will help you. I know for half of 05 they used the 5 speed, then the other have they changed to the 6 speed.

I looked under the truck and the transmission crossmember is further to the front than the torsion bar cross member and it appears to just unbolt. They do not mention removing the torsion bars.

It also appears that you have to remove the transfer case from the transmission before dropping it, but it looks like it is just a few bolts and it will slide off.

Hope this helps and oh, let me know how it goes - I am looking to upgrade all my parts someday as well so I would be interested to see how you like the centerforce clutch, etc, and how hard it actually is to remove the tranny.

In my case removing exhaust would be a pain since the aftermarket muffler is welded in, and I am also curious how hard it is to get at the bolts along the top side of the bell housing.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.