Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I may have a problem with my Magnum but I am not sure.

When I am on a hill and come to a stop, my Magnum will roll back slowly if I let go of the brake... is that right?

Cos my Wife's dodge grand caravan doesnt do that at all and its and automatic as well. I dont have a lot of experience with automatics so wanted to get feedback b4 taking it in to be looked at.

I am really worried everytime I take it back to the dealer... cos for some reason my Magnum goes like stink... it even accelerates past the 128 limited speed, the other day I went almost 140mph and was accellerating but could no longer see the speed increase (Canadian speedo shows 140MAX!!!)

So I get worried their gonna find that they forgot to put the limiter on the computer... if thats whats causing the speed boost.

So please if anyone is also having the same problem on a hill let me know if you think its normal or should I get my car looked at.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
253 Posts
In auto transmissions at idle when the brake is on there is still a little power being applied to the wheels. <-- that's what keeps the engine from dying while at a stop light. If the hill is steep enough the car will roll back. My RAM does it sometimes depending on the hill. It's alright, as long as you're still able to accelerate from the hill. Which it doesn't appear that you have a problem with acceleration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.