DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
97dram
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i started my 01 6 speed, let it warm up for a minute and go to leave. When i pressed down on the clutch to put it in gear the clutch went to the floor with no resistance and now i can't even start the truck. I can't figure out why it would work one second and not the next. There is a bunch of play in the pedals of both the brake and the clutch, left to right. I've just never seen a clutch act like this...and ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Looks like the clutch hydraulics has quit on you.
The easiest fix is to replace master & slave cylinders as there's no way to bleed the system. Some have tried and give up messing with the old system after a few days.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It seems odd that it went out all at once and that you cannot start it. I would look under the dash and see if you can find the saftey switch on the clutch pedal and see why it is not letting you start the truck. You should be able to get the truck started with or without the hydraulics. As far as losing the clutch... I would look into the hydraulics. Check your clutch fluid level. It IS possible to bleed the system. Its a pain, but it can be done.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Just re-read the post and the left & right play in both pedals sent me looking at mine.
They both share a common pivot shaft and if that rascal gets loose, it might do as you describe yours. Same goes for the frame they're mounted on.

·
97dram
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys sorry it took me so long to get back to this one but i had my mobile mechanic come out and look at it and what happened is there is a type of c-clip that holds one of the clutch rods in place under the dash. He had to get it from the dealership then take bottom part of the dash off and crawl up in there to get it put on. About an hour and it was a 10 dollar part so 70 bucks and i was back in business. Just glad it didn't happen when i was driving that coulda got a little hairy! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Good work, thanks for the update.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Glad it was a simple and relatively cheap fix. Good motivation to learn to speed shift. Not too helpful if you drive in he city, but if you have to get home when something like his happens... Its good o know how to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.