DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing some research on free mods and I read that removing the clutch fan gives 5-10 extra hp. I'm still in denial about this increase in power, but what do you guys think is this possible for an extra 5-10 hp?

· ^BIG D^
2,284 Posts
I don't know how much power it will increase, but it is less drag on the engine, which means more power that can go to your wheels. But, as I say, I don't know HOW much of a difference it would make. I honestly don't think it would add 10hp. 5hp MAYBE. But thats just my opinion, and it's not backed by any factual knowledge.

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like I've got a project for thanksgiving brake. Ill do some before and after tests to see if I can notice any gains

· Todd O
936 Posts
you probably will get 5 hp but if it gets hot where you live in the summer it will probably overheat so be careful!

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well its gets pretty cold in the winter here, so ill run it for a few months and the switch back

· Registered
36 Posts
I just did this on my buddies Durango. I must say that the engine warms up WAY faster. You can also dial it in to any temp you want. Relatively easy install just some wiring and bracket fabbing.

Anytime you remove rotating mass from an engine you do not gain HP but you will gain a faster revving engine. The clutch fan I removed was a TANK! I didn't weigh it but man it is heavy. The clutch enables the engine to rev quicker than the fan so it is not always spinning as fast as the engine. I would recommend it for all.

Here is a link to pics and install of the fan...at the bottom of the pics. I will also post another video of the truck with the electric fan installed. The video at the end is with the stock clutch fan and it is loud.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180563

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I love the super charger by the way, makes some bad ass power for a bad ass truck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.