PECU

P0380

PdoNe

can ya tell me what they mean

:help:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
P0380 Intake Air Heater Relay #1 Control Circuit.
Problem detected in #1 air heater solenoid/relay circuit
(not heater element)

P1693 Both your truck computer(PCM) and engine computer(ECM) knows about the intake heater circuit problem.

I guess your intake heater isn't working...does the Wait to Start light come on?

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P0380 Intake Air Heater Relay #1 Control Circuit.
Problem detected in #1 air heater solenoid/relay circuit
(not heater element)

P1693 Both your truck computer(PCM) and engine computer(ECM) knows about the intake heater circuit problem.

I guess your intake heater isn't working...does the Wait to Start light come on?
yeah it comes on and works just fine

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
You might check the voltage at your intake heater when the engine is started cold and supposed to be functioning.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Keep a real close eye on those solenoids if you think they are acting up at all. That is what I had stick open and drain my batteries and FRIED all 3 intake gaskets.

When my dad tested them on the truck with an ome meter he could tell one was working and one was not. But after I had it changed he tested the old set again and they both worked. So if they sticky watch out.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i know that it works cause when i fire it up cold the headlights dim and the volt meter fluctuates

clunk do you think it could just be a bad sensor or somethin

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
The voltage is being watched by the PCM and it's above or below a specification.
Follow the wires from the heater cables to the big relays and see if the cables are getting hot or insulation sticky like Rust sez.
Look in the fusebox under the hood and feel the intake heater relay's there too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.