DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on some SLT Durangos that I've seen driving around town, that there is a big gap in the rear wheel well (tire-real well) that gives it a slight tilt forward. I'm assuming that if I want to make it even as I've seen on Hemi D's, that I would need to drop the ass (so to speak) is by using lowering springs & a new set of shocks?

·
Registered
113 Posts
If your only concern is to make it even, you can crank on the torsion bars and raise the front end to even it out....You just need an 18 mm socket and a ratchet. Then you can put some bigger tires on to close the gap...

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
I'm pretty sure all Durango trims have the large "gap" in the rear wheel well.
The way to fix this is to either lift your front end by cranking the torsion bars several turns to level it out. This will give you a "lifted" durango which will allow for larger tires such as 33". The other route is to buy some drop springs for the rear such as Eibachs (which myself and many others have) which lower the back 3" and then crank the torsion bars to level out the front.

Whether your 'drop' your D or 'lift' your D, you will not need new shocks...

I personally like the lowered Durangos better than the lifted ones, but there's pros and cons to both. It's all personal taste... :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dodge4Life, thanks 4 looking out & a beer is on me 4 the illustration (pic) i like the lowered look myself. I just happen 2 see a Hemi D the other day on the interstate & it looked like the gap between the front & rear were the same & that's the look i'm striving 4.

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
Dodge4Life, thanks 4 looking out & a beer is on me 4 the illustration (pic) i like the lowered look myself. I just happen 2 see a Hemi D the other day on the interstate & it looked like the gap between the front & rear were the same & that's the look i'm striving 4.
was it lowered or lifted?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it looked like it was lowered. might've had about a 4-6" gap 'tween the tires & the wells. i just know when he passed me, i was like i want that look. :SPIN:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Whether you lift or lower new shocks are a must. The stock shocks on our Ds don't last worth a darn, Do yourself a favor even you don't agjust the suspension get some good shocks; you won't regret it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm assuming to do the work on the torsion bars then the truck has 2 be lifted? bare w/ me, all this talk about mods is all new 2 me...LOL!

·
Registered
610 Posts
My advise to lift the vehicle and place it on jack stands. It can be done without lifting but puts alot of stress on the torsion bolts and they could snap. Either way very simple mod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.