DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, got a question here... I took out my cd player and installed an mp3 player. I usually leave the display on title/song. Is there a clock out there that i could put in my dash to make it look real nice, or even like it was there from the factory?

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
Some guys have bought the SRT Gauge pod thing and put a clock in it. Not the dash, but an idea.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
get a better deck... lol jk. I have seen people drill out the cigarette lighter and place a 2.5" clock gauge there... It looks good!

·
Banned
2,452 Posts

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Now, my deck can show the title and artist as it scrolls across the screen. BUT there is also a button that shows the clock and then if i push it again :eek: , the title/artist returns. Is it really that hard for you on your deck? Shouldnt be.

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
I like the SRT-10 gage pod idea, looks pretty damn sharp!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it wouldnt be that hard, no. It also wouldnt have been that hard to buy a neon, but i bougt a ram, like i wanted. So, if i dont want to reach over and change the setting on my radio, and just want to look at a clock out of the corner of my eye, then thats what ill do. I was only asking for suggestions, so maybe take it easy fella.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Dont misconstrue what i said was in anger. It was in no way meant to be taken like so. I was just wondering if yours had that feature and how much of a hassle is TRULY is to push a button (if thats how your deck operates) Again, in no way did i want my post to sound rude. If its a hassle to you, buy a clock. I was just throwing out my suggestion.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
chill dude, its all help, everyone on this site is here to help other people and get some help in return.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Do you have the overhead computer? I think you can have the clock display up there, but I can't remember since I always have it set on the temp and compass or fuel mileage.

I would rather have that set on the clock and use the gauge pod for something else. Or maybe put it in the cigarette lighter position like that one truck has, but I like the extra power outlet, so I would have to move that over to the passenger side then....lot of work for a clock.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats the thing about online posting, your not sure of the tone someone is saying something in. Thought your were being a wise ass, my appologies.

I dont think i can ge the time on the overhead computer. for me, it would be worth it to install a clock, even if it was a time consuming process.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My overhead shows the time, but would rather use it for temp/direction or mpg like mentioned above. I like the idea of the SRT idea. But would wonder if that would come off as 'ricey' putting a clock where a turbo guage or the like are placed.... Oh well. looks cool though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.