DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I just installed the above alarm and when remote starting my "ABS" and "BRAKE" Light remain on when I insert the key and de-activate the alarm; however when I use my regular key it works fine??

I think it has something to do with the accessory 12V supply?

Any ideas folks??

Thanks

Alien

·
Registered
193 Posts
That's normal on these trucks. I've installed at least 10 remote starts into 3rd Gen. Dodge trucks and they all do it. It doesn't hurt anything and there is no problem as long as your lights turn off with the key. Also the truck does this regardless if it has Sentry Key or not.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AZ that is just it, when you turn the key on after the remote start and apply the brake to go, the lights stay on.. ABS and BRAKE light?? Any ideas??

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
azhemion22s said:
That's normal on these trucks. I've installed at least 10 remote starts into 3rd Gen. Dodge trucks and they all do it. It doesn't hurt anything and there is no problem as long as your lights turn off with the key. Also the truck does this regardless if it has Sentry Key or not.
um Mine dont do it I dont have the sentry key....... Theres something not hooked up right.
I sent numerous guys to where I had mine done and they dont get any warning lights either.
Not telling you your wrong but he shouldnt be getting the warning lights.

I say pm RTDurango and ask him he is a sponsor on here security concepts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sorry, I read your post too fast. There are multiple accessory wires on our trucks. Most likely the wrong one is hooked up. Also check to make sure the A/C comes on because one of the accessory wires does not power up the A/C. Accessory wires should be Dark Blue or Pink/Yellow tracer 16awg. Second Accessory is 14awg Pink/Yellow tracer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.