DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am overly paranoid of my '99 ram 1500 sport. If I hear the slightest noise I turn the radio off, and I study the sound forever, kinda crazy? Maybe!! :rck: Yet I just recently had to replace the water pump putting me back about $400 with a new belt due to the lack of attention by previous owners making me even more paranoid. Anyway, I feel a hollow clicking feel on my gas and brake when pressure is applied and I run over seven slight bumps :huh: . I asked the guys at Napa, and they told me of some bar that goes from the frame to the front suspension and not to worry as they are okay for another two years after they go bad? But they were not sure so I probably will have to get it checked out, huh :help: ? I also hear a squeak in the rear on the drivers side, but I can't even begin to guess what it is. I have crawled under the truck, but I don't see anything loose. On top of that, everytime I get back from 4 wheeling I get these obnoxious squeaky brakes, is it dust? It only stops after I use brake cleaner (alot of brake cleaner). Anyone have any tips or suggestions for my truck? All I have now is a cowel induction hood and a tondu cover with bug deflectors above the grill with a killer Kenwood excelon flip screen CD player.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Man you are to paranoid. That bar underneath is a "track bar" and they go on all the rams, all years. Mine went on both my rams.94 96. As far as the hollow feeling I would have to drive it myself to figure it out. Just drive it and stop worrying. When it comes time for inspection, take it to a reputable-honest garage and they will reolace anything that seems bad. As for offroading, that will make your truck make some skweeky noises because the body can get "tweeked a little". Its a truck not a showcar. Lance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.