DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Caravan, 3.3L engine, with a P1494 code (Leak detect pump switch or mechanical fault).

If I disconnect the battery to clear the code, and immediately bring the van in for a State emissions inspection test, will the State's code reader see that codes were reset by the battery disconnect and fail the van?

Will the State's code reader say that the van is not ready for test and I will have to go back later?

If I have the code reset with a code reader and immediately get the emissions test, will the van pass?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Either way the van's computer will tell the inspection station that it has been reset recently. Also, when you disconnect the power or reset the codes, the computer's memory regarding emissions self-test results get erased. The computer will also show that the various emissions self-tests have not been run. (Most states require that the tests have been run by the computer and passed.) So the short answer to your question is that no, you will not be able to get away with resetting your computer just before the emissions inspection.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Otherwise, everyone would do that. All that ended in 96 with OBDII.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.