DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if there has been any paint recalls or if there is a warranty on the paint??? Around my gas cap the paint is peeling off and is soon going to be ugly...I was quoted $300 to fix it...I am calling Dodge tomorrow as well to find out if they will fix it or at least give me half to get it done...urgh.... :mad:

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No..I just bought it about two months ago...

· Registered
96 Posts
I am having paint trouble on my 03 as well. mine is all at the back of the bed. right at the corners on the top rail and on the right side in the center of the panel between the back the rear wheel. its not really pealing, it feels rough and looks pitted if you look close. i wonder if i could just spray some touch up clear on it before it gets to bad or spreads over a large area?

· Registered
66 Posts
DdgeGrrl - I agree with hemimech, its most likely been re-cleared in the passed. There was probably some type of damage to the box panel and they re-cleared the gas cap to make it blend in, but obviously they didn't prep the cap very well.

overload - touch up clear isn't as glossy as real clear and won't stick for very long, so I wouldn't try it.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys...thinking the same thing here as well, but not really any way to find out the history on it unfortunately, I am taking it into Dodge on Wednesday for an ongoing break squealing problem and I am going to see what they say at the dealership...they have been great to me so far!!! Thanks for the input!!

· MUDDY AFFAIR
951 Posts
DdgeGrrl said:
Thanks guys... I am going to see what they say at the dealership...they have been great to me so far!!!
Women just smile pretty and guys at the dealership take care of them, u guys get shafted. Just make sure tehy don't take advantage of you, like they try on some women. With you being a woman on DodgeTalk I'm sure you have proper knowledge of your ride..... :D

· Registered
15 Posts
I have a 03 dak living and Florida and have no problems with paint. It even sat in a parking lot with no shade last year for 7 months when I was on deployment. But I do wax it at least twice a year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.