DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 2500 that has what appears are "factory installed" clearance lights on top. They do not come on so I was wondering if someone knows if there is an on/off switch or if they are supposed to come on when the headlights are on.

I have read the manual and cannot locate the answer. I cant locate a switch or even a separate fuse for them. I suppose it is possible the previous owner disconnected them or something, but I would like to have them working or at least on a switch. Has anyone worked with this issue or know where the wiring would be located?

Any suggestions out there in RamLand?

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
why not get a multimeter and see what needs to be on for them to get voltage, or check the path to ground and see if they are even hooked up.
Shouldn't be that hard to track down the wiring, has to come down one of the A pillars.

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
theres no switch if they are put on from the factory

·
Registered
607 Posts
There's no switch or fuse specifically for them, they're on the sidelight circuit, and connect into the junction box at the drivers side of the dash through a monster connector up inder the dash, and are grounded to the screen header rail up above the overhead console.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just installed cab lights on mine. I'd say to easily locate the problem, take down your headliner. Take off the pillars, visors, and digital display if you have it, and it'll come down far enough so u can see the wires and ground. Did you check the bulbs? Might be as easy as that. :)

Good luck!

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
I'd say to easily locate the problem, take down your headliner.
wouldn't the A pillars be easier?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.