DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Kind of an 03
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one thing that I have been wanting to do since I've bought my truck, but due to where I was driving it was pointless. Now I'm able to I've read how guys just cover there battery, fuse box an alternator an just spray away. Still kinda worried about that idea.. Anyway is there anything you guys use to spray on the engine to get the dirt an grease off or just use water? Thanks for any help. An sorry if this isn't in the right section.

·
Registered
242 Posts
This is one thing that I have been wanting to do since I've bought my truck, but due to where I was driving it was pointless. Now I'm able to I've read how guys just cover there battery, fuse box an alternator an just spray away. Still kinda worried about that idea.. Anyway is there anything you guys use to spray on the engine to get the dirt an grease off or just use water? Thanks for any help. An sorry if this isn't in the right section.
Think of it this way, your vehicle was designed to operate in the rain right? Snow? Storms? etc....

I've been washing my 07 Ram since day 1 under the hood. I use Citrus de-greaser from Home Depot. It's made by Zep? Anyway, you buy a squirt bottle with it and dilute 50/50. Squirt away on dry cool engine bay. Then, wash off with hose water. Start truck and bring to operating temp. Then, if you prefer, use some Armor All and make it look new. Spray the AA on and walk away. Do not rub it off. Come back in 1 hour and it looky like new!

No covering anything, no worrying, no problems after 4.5 years!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
A light misting of simple green over everything, let sit for a few minutes then lightly hose it off. You can shine it up after everything is dry.

·
Biggin
910 Posts
usually simple green or the coin operated car wash.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
i just use simple green and paper towls...dont even dilute it or spray with it water.

·
105 Posts
I use Mean Green degreaser followed by water. Once you get it clean it's an easy chore to keep it that way by a simple hosing of water to get rid of the dust.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I use simple green straigh tup on the engine slightly warm. Just a little warm! Follow up with AA and let it sit for an hour or hours, wipe off excess only. Looks like new.The only think I ciover is my cone air filter.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Anybody ever remove the underhood pad? Mine is looking a little beat up lol

·
Kind of an 03
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think I have a pad under my hood? I don't have a bay light so I wouldn't be surprised. I did mine with simple green a few weeks ago an it did clean it up a good bit. Will probably do it again here soon to clean the other shit I missed.

·
slims
1,149 Posts
Tire cleaner that you spray on and let dry works good too.:imo

·
Registered
46 Posts
i use purple power from autozone, walmart, advanced and i had no problems got off 100k miles of dirt, grime and grease with very lil scrubbing and also i used a regualr garden hose

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Rico
56 Posts
I am a little discouraged by engine bay cleaning...

Last time I tried, ended up having to replace a AIT sensor...through codes and had a rough idle

I did use a spray bottle so as to not put pressure on anything...still caused problems.

·
Rico
56 Posts
yeah...never doing that again...will take it all apart and wrap what needs to be wrapped...then clean.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.