DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a duplicate question, but I can't find the thread I seen this under. I was wanting to clean my engine in the D and was wondering what you guys/gals reccommend. :help:

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
I use simple green or CD-2. I recommend CD-2

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any certain way to spray it on? I've never done it so I don't want to mess anything up. Also, do you reccommend anything for cleaning the engine internally. I just put 2 bottles of Prestone fuel cleaner in it. Should this help or is there something addtional I need to do to it?

Thanks!

·
Banned
112 Posts
tandenish said:
This is a duplicate question, but I can't find the thread I seen this under. I was wanting to clean my engine in the D and was wondering what you guys/gals reccommend. :help:

tandenish,

I'm sure glad you can do it. Here in California allot of people can't/won't do it cuz of the enviromental laws in place. If your doing it yourself perhaps you can get away with it. Even the dealership told me they can't get a license to do it. Mannn What a bummer and what a joke.

rimfire,22

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
rimfire said:
tandenish,

I'm sure glad you can do it. Here in California allot of people can't/won't do it cuz of the enviromental laws in place. If your doing it yourself perhaps you can get away with it. Even the dealership told me they can't get a license to do it. Mannn What a bummer and what a joke.

rimfire,22
Yeah, California is full of them.

You name 'em and we've got 'em.

Fruits or nuts, they are numerous and they are taking over!!!!!!!

We are legislated out of doing most anything anymore. :VHOT:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My uncle once sprayed Armor All Tire Foam Cleaner on his engine to get it clean. I think I might try that. Hopefully I won't mess anything up. I would leave it up to my husband, but he will definitely mess something up. He's not mechanically inclined with auto motors.

·
Banned
112 Posts
What a bummer

Hemi Pete said:
Yeah, California is full of them.

You name 'em and we've got 'em.

Fruits or nuts, they are numerous and they are taking over!!!!!!!

We are legislated out of doing most anything anymore. :VHOT:

Hemi Pete,

I guess were just in the wrong state to live in. I'd do it myself BUT I'm afraid to clean it well and find out that sometimg got water-logged. Have a nice holiday everyone.

rimfire,22 :)

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
I always cover up my PCM and my CAI. I've also heard and read of people using scrubb'n bubbles. Yes the bathroom cleaner.... :D

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Scrubbin' Bubbles works better when you use your toothbrush. :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Makes sense. Scrubbin" Bubbles works on anything. That is my #1 household cleaner and the most used.

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Just make sure your engine is nice and cool when you go to clean it. I can recommend CD-2 as well after you've given it a good scrub down. It works great for dressing, but for cleansing, I usually give a little more elbow grease.

Attachments

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
CD-2 is the bomb

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.