DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I frequently drive down dirt roads that have a good amount of the red Alabama clay. After awhile I develop a red tint to my tires (along with everything else). But when I wash the truck, I cannot seem to get all of the red dirt off the tires. I have tried regular car soap and Wesley's Bleach White. I've heard using a Brillo pad works well. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Philip

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
try something like simple green, or some kind of bug off spray. I always use it on the front of my truck and the tires every time I wash it. Don't leave it on too long though because it will turn your tires a nasty grey. Don't leave it on the front too long either because its not good for the paint....I live in Mobile, I notice it says you're from Florida, but where in Alabama do you get "Alabama clay"?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eglin AFB. It's not too far from Pensacola. Thanks for the input.

·
HEMIRAM
198 Posts
I haven't had your problem, but brillo pads work great for cleaning up whitewalls or lettering and I use them to get built up old tire dressing cleaned off every so often. Try SOS pads. They had some soapy stuff in them that foams up if you get them wet.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I haven't seen this in awhile now, but I used to use something called Bleche-White on my white lettered tires. Worked great in the old muscle car days, can't see why it wouldn't work now. It also cut through years of grime on the parchment white vinyl interior in my '72 Pontiac GT-37 (the dude that sold it to me had engine parts and spare tires in the back seat!).
It'll cut through some ol' clay, that's for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.