DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best cleaner and polish for clear coated aftermarket wheels?
Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Rance

· Vertically-Challenged
15,566 Posts
I was at the Easyriders show in Sacramento this year and i came across this guy selling some polish. Its called "Master Formula" They have a metal gloss, paint gloss, sealer. They demonstrated it on a soda can and the bottom was the normal aluminium finish and he did the metal gloss with it and wiped it off and it looked like chrome. NO LIE! My uncle bought some and used it on his "polished aluminum" wheel on his Harley and it looks like chrome now. Im going to go do it to a soda can so hang on and ill post them in like ten minutes.

· Vertically-Challenged
15,566 Posts
Here it is:

Before:

Middle:

After:

Might be hard to tell but it does work, it might be a "see it to believe it" but you can see more of a mirror finish.

EDIT: Couldnt spell

· Registered
562 Posts
That looks wicked!

· Vertically-Challenged
15,566 Posts
Im not exactly sure where you can buy it, i bought it on the spot at the bike show. Just checked on the back of the bottle, try www.metalgloss.com that whats on the bottle. i love this stuff. It also has a paint gloss. i did it to my cougar and it makes it look DEEP.

EDIT: Just think if it can do this to a soda can think of how your rims will look. I have done it to all my rims and it makes the chrome look awesome and very deep and good chrome

· Vertically-Challenged
15,566 Posts
Yeah i have a set of rims that are clear coated and they dont harm them. Make sure you buy the sealer if you do. That way you dont have to do it over and over.

· Registered
407 Posts
I can't believe what that stuff did to that can! I may have to try that.

· Registered
562 Posts
I've got a new set coming next week, no clearcoat. This stuff looks cool, but it looks like they don't ship to Canada. I'm gonna call them though - that damn pop can pops!

· Vertically-Challenged
15,566 Posts
If they indeed dont ship to canada, i could set something up with you thatyou have it shipped to me (i dont need it since i have some) and then i can ship it to you since i ship to canada. Just an idea that im willing to fufill

· Registered
562 Posts
Thanks, I'll let you know. :cool:

· Banned
532 Posts
If your rims are clear coated....that stuff isn't gonna help....you'll have to strip the clear coat off first then polish the actual metal.....about the only thing you can do is clay the rims, then use paint polish then wax...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.