DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to attack taking off the filter and cleaning it... and what exactly do i need to do in order to clean it? would i have to take the entire thing off to get to the filter, b/c it looks like its pretty much snug down in there and i got fat hands/fingers and a jetstream scoop in the way also. and do i just spray the filter down with a hose and just not run the truck/engine for x amount of hours? this is about the 6mo mark on the cai system and i want to make sure its running smoothly.

Thanks for the help!
-David

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
AirRam uses a K&N filter doesn't he? If thats the case, you gotta remove the filter. Then you clean it with the k&N filter recharge kit and re-oil it. The kits are like $15 or so at most Autozone, Napa etc.

KB

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
You can get yourself a filter recharge kit at AutoZone for about 10.00. It has enough cleaner & oil for aproximately 6 cleanings depending on how much cleaner you use.

1) If you have a filter retaining strap remove the strap.
2) Remove your filter by losening the filter clamp and dropping the filter out the bottom.

I actualy take the filter and put it in the sink with laundry detergent. Let it soke for a few minutes so the hard crusty bugs get soft and mushy, then with a paint brush gently work the bugs out from it. Once you get it clean you should rinse it well ... DO NOT force water throough it. When you rinse it you should rinse from the INSIDE OUT. Just use the normal pressure from the sink/garden hose.

After you rinse it you need to let it DRIP DRY. When its COMPLETLY dry you want to apply a lite coat of oil... you are NOT trying to paint it red with oil and it will NOT be the same bright red as it was when you purchased it... You just want to make sure that the WHITE cotton has oil on it... Once that it done you re-install the filter.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good guys, ill try and get that done this weekend... ill just go ahead and get the pack from autozone for 10bux and just do it that way...

-David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.