·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
never heard of that one, hows it work?:dunno:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have used it before and let me tell you, I think it worked very well! They claim that it takes the contaminants like imbedded dirt, pollution, pollen, etc. and removes them from the paint to give the paint a very fresh look and make it very smooth. I can tell you that it did both. I was actually surprised at how smooth my paint was compared to an untreated area. It lifted off a lot of dirt even tho I had just washed my truck 5 minutes before, so it must be doing a good job. All you have to remember is to switch sides of the clay bar often by bending and mushing the bar into place, otherwise the dirt and pollutants that are on the bar will end up scracthing your paint. Clay bars do take off all wax and polish, so you have to do that again after you treat it will the clay. I got the Meguiars kit that I ordered from a local car shop. Have fun shining up your truck!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have heard of them befor and it allwas seems like good things...where can i get a Clay Bar? Sounds like something i need to try out.

·
Wreck Em Tech
509 Posts
Auto Zone carries the Clay Magic clay bar from Automagic. I believe you can also pick one up online at their website. http://www.automagic.com

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Mothers also does a claybar setup. I bought mine from pep boys for around $12. Well worth it. It's a workout. In the directions is says the claybar can do up to 6 trucks. My advice is to check it. You don't want to scratch your paint. it comes with a bottle of QD (quick detailer) which serves as a lubricant for the bar. It comes with directions :STY:

·
Registered
645 Posts
I use Meguiars and it works really good on my truck.
You can buy them at www.meguiars.com
Last time i did the whole thing (wash, clay bar, scratch X, polish and wax) I could not go to work the next day. Our trucks are BIGG!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I used Clay Magic Clay Bar Today For First Time And I Must Say I'm Sold. I'll Never wax Anothe one Again Before I run that little piece of putty over it. I Did The Dumbest Thing And left My Truck Out In The Yard While I Was Painting My Fourwheeler. DiDn't look like any overspray was getting onto it and the next day you still coulnot see any I guess caues it was the same color as tht truck but when you ran you hand acrossthe flat surfaces they felt like sandpaper.
I Squirted a little lube on the hood and made one or two passes with the clay bar and it was smooth as glass. I Spent Tree Hrs The Day Before Wih compound grinder & Wax and still looked like a POS. Not Now About 45Min with The Clay Bar And an Hour or So with the buffer to wax and polish and the old goat looks better than it ever has:party: :cheers: :cheers: :drivingz:

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
I spent last Sunday detailing my truck. I used the Mothers clay bar system. My truck is white, so i was a little skeptical on how it would turn out. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Your truck looks sweet Mopar Fan. I have often thought about using the clay bar but haven't yet. I think I will do it the next nice day we have so I can have it all ready for winter.

·
Year 1 Member
737 Posts
i used mothers claybar and it works wonders

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just did the clay on ,ine this past weekend...never did it since I had bought it back in April...you would be amazed at the film of crap that came off the paint....you could actually see it in the clay bar....I used the Clay Magic bar and it worked out well...

2Hottie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.