DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can find a vintage Dodge Truck CB Radio? They were offered as a truck option in the 70's and up until the early 80's. I am looking specifically for one with a chrome face plate and all wiring.

Thanks
Nick

1990 Dodge W250
1968 Plymouth GTX

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I will have to look in my stash. I know I had one of those and also the original digital radio out of the 78 Cordoba's

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just picked one up off ebay, waiting for shipping. I looked for one because they were an oddity. I kinda like oddities!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I want one too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been checking ebay but i can never find one. hey do you know where i can find a classic "Deflecta Shield" bug deflector? You know one of those high rise, acrylic, non-wrap ones jump6pack?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
You mean like this? This was my dads truck back in 1984. I borrowed it for a day and took it to my shop and threw everything that fit onto it for his birthday.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Looks like Keystone Raiders on that rig...imho...best rims ever!

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
I got one of those factory AM/FM/CB radios around here somewhere I pulled out of some old Chrysler we junked, 5th Ave or something, or maybe a van.

·
'79CA Emission Certified
185 Posts
Draw backs of the Mopar CB Radio Unit

The Mopar CB antenna system is a split type. The metal antenna is 40 inches high. Stock am/fm is 31. The coax splits at the radio. There is a Mopar CB coax nut fitting on the back of the Mopar CB thats part of the radio that will not hook up to standard over the counter cb's coax/antenna systems. The main thing to find is the Mopar Antenna System to Make the Mopar CB work correctly (but never was very good ). The Mopar Antenna System was very hard to calibrate for good output.
You can find an adapter coax fitting nut at some CB Repair shops to fit the Mopar CB,for aftermarket coax/antenna systems. The aftermarket nut tends to loosen up and blow the channel your talking on the Mopar CB. I would suggest a hand held "all in one type" CB. You can hide the main componit under the dash and have a proper antenna system mounted somewhere else on the truck that doesn't involve the AM/FM Radio.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.