1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First my rig is stock, 07 Ram 5.7 4X4

Tuner:
Looking at the Diablo Predator II or I3

I want to be able to turn off MDS and change shift points and stiffness.
Also want to run 87 octain and maybe add a CIA

Now CIA:

Most seem ridiculously priced and seem about the same.
Are they worth having?
This seems to me better than most as it gets the filter up to where cool fresh air comes in.
Most seem to just draw the air from inside the engine where it is hot.
Also the price is so much better.
Will it benefit my stock truck for power and MPG or just a waist of money?
Thoughts?

Amazon.com: High Performance Parts Cold Air Intake Kit & Blue Filter Combo for 2003-2008 Dodge Ram 1500/2500 / 3500 HEMI 5.7L / 2008-2010 1500 4.7L: Automotive

·
Red Trucker
2,124 Posts
Yep, you just picked a dying forum to ask about a 13yr old truck in lol. CAI (not CIA, that's something entirely different) are really just good for making noise. Diablo should work fine, though Superchips would be better if you're not gonna put a cam in or anything. Superchips offers actual customer level trans tuning for these trucks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, you just picked a dying forum to ask about a 13yr old truck in lol. CAI (not CIA, that's something entirely different) are really just good for making noise. Diablo should work fine, though Superchips would be better if you're not gonna put a cam in or anything. Superchips offers actual customer level trans tuning for these trucks.
Thanks,
Won't ever cam it, maybe exhaust some day.
Right now the most important thing is to shut down the MDS and not have
any check engine lights come on.
Also want to change shift points and firm up the shifts.
Want an 87 and a 91 Tune.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny, I see videos of Superchips saying their product comes with a powertrain warranty.
However, I just read their warranty statement and it pretty much says no warranty at all except a 30 day warranty if you do not use it.
Gotta make sure I purchase at a retailer that will offer a return if need be.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Tuner:

Now CIA:

Are they worth having?
This seems to me better than most as it gets the filter up to where cool fresh air comes in.
Thoughts?

Amazon.com: High Performance Parts Cold Air Intake Kit & Blue Filter Combo for 2003-2008 Dodge Ram 1500/2500 / 3500 HEMI 5.7L / 2008-2010 1500 4.7L: Automotive

Tuner:

Now CIA:

Are they worth having?
Thoughts?

i use the superchips 3845 flashpaq it really woke my 2006 power wagon up, it finally has the power it needed, and the only other mods that I have is a cold air intake and throttle body spacer. I use the 87 tune with 93 octane gas.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I want to be able to go with Fasterproms tunes. He downloads 6 tunes and he’s a great tuner, I have a decent size cam I’m putting in, forged pistons and rods, 63 mm turbo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lmao, tr6060 man 6 speed out the challenger, about 1500$ buck, for a Tranny good for 750 (600 realistically ) lol But the only issue is pay almost that for the custom driveshaft. Lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts