DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealerships are independently owned and operated!!##XX ???? The mantra of the impotent Chrysler group. I'm curious if anyone has had similar problems both with their Sprinter, their dealerships service dept. arrogance, incompetance and Chrysler customer service ( or lack of it) uselessness. To list some of my problems:
Replace: cargo area dome light(s), horn, radio, door latch (door would bounce open when trying to close, rear door dome light switch. These alone have been far more than any problems I've had with the aprox. 15 vehicles I've owned over the last 30yrs.
There's more. After having my Sprinter serviced at 20k, by my selling dealership, Lee Dodge of Commack, New York, at 21k my transmission broke down and I needed to be towed. They would only tow me to the nearest dealership, Westbury Jeep. Three days later Thursday I got the truck back. Friday I brought it back to Westbury Jeep And said I felt the truck was hesitating and had a power issue. They test drove it and said "they could not duplicate the problem" On Monday, there is an explosion, not exagerating, from the engine compartment. I have to get towed back to Westbury Jeep for the second time in a week. This time it is a problem with the turbo booster. I am beyond frustration at this point, especially after the dealership not properly diagnosing the problem correctly the previous Friday. In fact they were rude and acted as if they were doing me a favor repairing a vehicle still under warranty. 3 weeks later I'm 150 miles from home starting a camping weekend with my fishing club. I pull into a supermarket to get some snacks and go back to the truck and start it up and it does not move!!! I have to be towed for the third time in a month. I call roadside assistance and they tell me they can not find a participating tow company in my area, Winstead Ct., at 9:30pm on a Friday night. At this point I lost it and demanded they get me towed to the nearest Dodge dealership and get me running. 2 1/2hrs later they get me towed to Crowley Dodge in Bristol CT. 36 miles to the southeast of my location. I slept in the truck in the dealership lot. The next morning a service rep. wakes me and gets my truck looked at asap. My complements to Crowley Dodge's pleasentness and politeness, for the first time from a Dodge affiliate. They diagnosed the problem as my linkage coming apart as it was not properly reassembled by the Westbury jeep tech. when they repaired my transmission. At this point I just drove home and gave up on my weekend from frustration and exhaustion. Just this past week, Nov 07, I needed to bring my truck back to Lee Dodge to have my door latch repaired, my linkage replaced, as Crowley Dodge just did a temporary fix on it to get me back on the road. Also to diagnose a problem with my Dashboard outside temperature digital thermometer. They fixed my door and linkage, but did not fix my thermometer and while taking apart my dash they broke the central locking system of my truck and left my instrument panel molding misaligned and protruding from the rest of the dash. When I called the service manager the next morning and demanded an immediate appointment for them to fix my locking system, that they had just broken and to fix my dash the service manager was rude and told me not to bring my truck back to his shop. I asked to speak with the general mgr. He had the same attitude. I currently have an appointment with another dealership to have the remaining problems repaired 3 weeks from now! I also have an additional problem. It seems that at low speed and when slowing down the truck it has developed a rumbling noise like I'm running on a shoulder. During all of this The Chrysler Group has been a non-entity, invisable and not worthy of the concept of customer service. This post is not only to get other owners feedback but also to put together my thoughts as I'm considering court action against my dealership and Chrysler.

Thanks for reading,
SPP

· Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
posted elsewhere with notice

Do the chrysler lackies censor this site? I would not be suprised!!! Save a job and do what is, (as you might think), right for your family, WRONG!! WHAT IS RIGHT IS WHAT SERVES TRUTH and long term PROFITS !! I WOULD AND COULD SAY MORE BUT I RATHER NOT here.!!!! Care to know more PM me!! Let the troubled associates of the chrysler group come to grips with their hipocracy !!!

DR. Z**** do you just make commercials or do you believe in your firm as a whole and the product as a part of that whole !! If so recruit personnel with like thinking. Not those just looking for undeserved income!!!!

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
spp said:
Do the chrysler lackies censor this site? I would not be suprised!!! Save a job and do what is, (as you might think), right for your family, WRONG!! WHAT IS RIGHT IS WHAT SERVES TRUTH and long term PROFITS !! I WOULD AND COULD SAY MORE BUT I RATHER NOT here.!!!! Care to know more PM me!! Let the troubled associates of the chrysler group come to grips with their hipocracy !!!

DR. Z**** do you just make commercials or do you believe in your firm as a whole and the product as a part of that whole !! If so recruit personnel with like thinking. Not those just looking for undeserved income!!!!
Welcome to DodgeTalk.

First of all... what are you talking about in this post? Nobody censored you, and nobody will unless you blatently break the forum rules.

Regarding the first post, I'm sorry you have had problems with your Sprinter. People here on the forum may have had similar experiences and have some insight to the issues you've encountered.

Dealerships are independently owned and operated, because in most states they have to be by law. Only a few states allow manufacturer-owned dealerships or if they do, only for short periods of time. The obvious reason for this is so manufacturers cannot control the market. Competition is good for everyone - if you don't like the service at your dealer, there is surely another one down the road a few miles.

Sprinters can be tricky to deal with. I avoid them if at all possible. This is just a thought. Have you tried taking the thing to a Mercedes truck or Freightliner dealer, for a second opinion? Most Dodge dealers do not sell the Sprinter, and that means that most Dodge service departments have limited experience working on the vehicle. It is, afterall, a Mercedes-Benz product and not a Chrysler product and therefore shares absolutely no componentry with other Chrysler products.

Lastly on the "Dr. Z" thing, in case you did not hear, Daimler and Chrysler are no longer one corporation. The Chrysler side of the company was purchased this summer by Cerberus Capital Management, and new leaders are in place who have very different ideas about product, sales, and service than the Germans did.

Good luck with your vehicle, again welcome to DT.

· Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yor site is not secure. I did not send the chrysler lackie post. The sentiments, however, are correct. Secondly, Daimler still owns twenty percent of the Chrysler Brand. You suggested I bring the truck to a mb or freightliner dealer. If you read the post you'd see the sprinter is still under warranty. I was told (by the infamous chrysler group), these dealerships would NOT do warranty work !! If you have better info please tell me. I'd love to get serviced, under warranty, at a dealership other than Dodge! Hope to hear back from you with some CONSTRUCTIVE information. SPP

I have a bit more to say regarding your reply, but...... I am waiting for your constructive reply first. I need my truck fixed correctly and I need a dealership willing to stand behind their Brands product, not bluster.

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
Never said anything about you taking it there for warranty repairs........only that you might want to have them look at it for a second opinion. You would still need to get it serviced at a CDJ store for it to be covered by warranty.

Guess that is all the CONSTRUCTIVE (!) info I can provide tonight. :)

· Registered
36,020 Posts
Posts like that will get you banned

· I am Sean Connery...
8,819 Posts
spp said:
go back to sleep
Dude, seriously, you come into our domain and start insulting people? WTH? You asked for advice a Moderator gave you it. He did a very good job at it too, while keeping his cool. Some are less tolerant of people who walk into other's territory and start shaking stuff. You wanted an idea and FreeLantz gave you one, and frankly a reasonable one. What I would suggest is that you try this option, and also log off, go outside, take a few deep breaths and calm down. It's not acceptable to do that man, don't ask for help and then cry about it when you don't like the results.

· Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
never meant any DISrespect, however, I seek logic, something that has been squandered at Chrysler! so to freelantz, in post graduate school we discovered girls are easy if you have money and alcohol is a fine wine. In recrereation, your SPRINTER SHOULD TAKE YOU TO THE BEST TROUT STREAMS not to your local incompetent DODGE DEALERSHIP!

· Registered
36,020 Posts

· Registered
13,580 Posts
what is suppose to be the purpose of this thread anyway? i do not see anything worth while so far. If you want to make a point, then make your point, but no need in all the other comments and such.

· Registered
68 Posts
ssp

You have entered every site bar one, with the identical PM
Please if you need help! ask for it, and someone will attempt to solve your issues, .
Lights in Cargo section was a recall, twelve months ago wrong wattage, this is for those with aircon in the rear only, back doors sprung , I could ask what weight you have a the rear end , it's an easy fix but takes time to get the adjustment right.. New Sprinters now have two lock downs. if that's any help to you.Broken light switch OK replace it.
Maladjusted speedo cluster , This is a dealer personell issue.. not a Warranty issue as such,as it was all right prior to the operator. pulling it off .
We have a difference of opinion .Yours and The dealer=Attitude, OK if your Sprinter has issues then they need to be addressed, But with fairness to your commentary.
If you treat an operator with disrespect:thatfunny don't expect them to jump to satisfy your wondering desire! :gr_patrio They have feelings as well,:mad: and no one in a job has to put up with a negative customer right or wrong. "No one get paid enough to put up with a raging customer, right or wrong":violen:
to advise you on History DCX ordered the Sprinters at price sold by MB stand alone, "No warranty from MB at the price they were sold for Stateside".
Warranty is with the Chrysler dealership! that sold you your Sprinter to resolve your issue.

By the way MB does look in from time to time I can assure you we are disgusted as to the way Sprinters were sold and serviced in the States But as you have been advised and this correct, that is for the dealership to resolve , you can take it to small claims tribunal to have it mediated if this has reached a point of no return because of each others indifference's of intolerance's towards each other.
Richard

· Registered
7,215 Posts
AlteredSprinter said:
ssp

You have entered every site bar one, with the identical PM
Please if you need help! ask for it, and someone will attempt to solve your issues, .
Lights in Cargo section was a recall, twelve months ago wrong wattage, this is for those with aircon in the rear only, back doors sprung , I could ask what weight you have a the rear end , it's an easy fix but takes time to get the adjustment right.. New Sprinters now have two lock downs. if that's any help to you.Broken light switch OK replace it.
Maladjusted speedo cluster , This is a dealer personell issue.. not a Warranty issue as such,as it was all right prior to the operator. pulling it off .
We have a difference of opinion .Yours and The dealer=Attitude, OK if your Sprinter has issues then they need to be addressed, But with fairness to your commentary.
If you treat an operator with disrespect:thatfunny don't expect them to jump to satisfy your wondering desire! :gr_patrio They have feelings as well,:mad: and no one in a job has to put up with a negative customer right or wrong. "No one get paid enough to put up with a raging customer, right or wrong":violen:
to advise you on History DCX ordered the Sprinters at price sold by MB stand alone, "No warranty from MB at the price they were sold for Stateside".
Warranty is with the Chrysler dealership! that sold you your Sprinter to resolve your issue.

By the way MB does look in from time to time I can assure you we are disgusted as to the way Sprinters were sold and serviced in the States But as you have been advised and this correct, that is for the dealership to resolve , you can take it to small claims tribunal to have it mediated if this has reached a point of no return because of each others indifference's of intolerance's towards each other.
Richard
Another good solid, constructive suggestion. Thanks Richard :)

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
spp said:
BTW. Facists ban, Americans seek all opinions and viewpoints! For the betterment of society. From the far right. LET FREE SPEECH LIVE.
There is no such thing as free speech on a privately owned forum, just as you can't go into someone's place of business and start yelling and screaming without being asked to leave. This forum is a business, open free of charge to members but paid for by our sponsors. It's also a Dodge enthusiast's forum, where we try very hard to help each other but do not put up with disrespect and inflamatory posts. If you can keep your cool, you will find answers here. But the tone of your posts needs to change drastically starting now, or I will recommend that the Admin remove you from this site. If you are as smart and educated as you proclaim yourself to be, then you should have no problem containing your emotions. That's all I am going to say for now, the rest is up to you.;)

· Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I appreciate your tone, I started my relationship with my dealership in the same manner and was not treated likewise. There was a a complete disregard for ones time and justified issues with the sprinter. The service dept. worked solely at their convenience, and their workmanship was poor at best. After having to be towed three times in a period of one month in a vehicle, under warranty, with only 21k is, frankly I just can't find the words! The dealership's lack of service has created this monster. If they had fulfilled their responsibility, to competently repair the vehicle, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

· Registered
68 Posts
SSp

You have the chance to explain in simple terms what went wrong as to being towed back for repair.
OK which year Sprinter? which series? and what do you use it for?
I agree you do have a big issue with the dealerships But it depends on who you deal with and to what degree they committed to with monies to service the Sprinters , remember it's the top boss of the franchise who decides if they will spend the money and commit to both equipment and training of both mechanics and technicians to keep the Sprinters running.
Bare in mind the US sprinters are limited too two models and both use the same engine and trans , overall sprinters are normally fault free, they will go to the million kilometer mark with out any dramas.
So here is your chance ...Go though each problem one by one and I will try to resolve your problem.
Richard

· Registered
7,215 Posts
spp said:
I appreciate your tone, I started my relationship with my dealership in the same manner and was not treated likewise. There was a a complete disregard for ones time and justified issues with the sprinter. The service dept. worked solely at their convenience, and their workmanship was poor at best. After having to be towed three times in a period of one month in a vehicle, under warranty, with only 21k is, frankly I just can't find the words! The dealership's lack of service has created this monster. If they had fulfilled their responsibility, to competently repaired the vehicle, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Yeah man, I'd be pretty pissed too, I can appreciate that definitely. I think the whole problem stems from the fact that the vehicle is a Benz through and through, with a Dodge grille and the Ram head glued on the steering wheel. Like any vehicle, a bad one slips through the cracks every once and a while, and the Dodge dealerships are stuck working on a foreign van when they trained primarily for working on domestics. It is a completely new realm for them, and they probably have a grudge against the Sprinter line. And you're the one that gets the short end of the stick, which is definitely not fair to you by any means. We're here to offer our collective helpful advice, please give us some more details like Richard said and we can see what other advice we can offer :)

· Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
2006, 2500 series

From original post.
There's more. After having my Sprinter serviced at 20k, by my selling dealership, Lee Dodge of Commack, New York, at 21k my transmission broke down and I needed to be towed. They would only tow me to the nearest dealership, Westbury Jeep. Three days later Thursday I got the truck back. Friday I brought it back to Westbury Jeep And said I felt the truck was hesitating and had a power issue. They test drove it and said "they could not duplicate the problem" On Monday, there is an explosion, not exagerating, from the engine compartment. I have to get towed back to Westbury Jeep for the second time in a week. This time it is a problem with the turbo booster. I am beyond frustration at this point, especially after the dealership not properly diagnosing the problem correctly the previous Friday. In fact they were rude and acted as if they were doing me a favor repairing a vehicle still under warranty. 3 weeks later I'm 150 miles from home starting a camping weekend with my fishing club. I pull into a supermarket to get some snacks and go back to the truck and start it up and it does not move!!! I have to be towed for the third time in a month. I call roadside assistance and they tell me they can not find a participating tow company in my area, Winstead Ct., at 9:30pm on a Friday night. At this point I lost it and demanded they get me towed to the nearest Dodge dealership and get me running. 2 1/2hrs later they get me towed to Crowley Dodge in Bristol CT. 36 miles to the southeast of my location. I slept in the truck in the dealership lot. The next morning a service rep. wakes me and gets my truck looked at asap. My complements to Crowley Dodge's pleasentness and politeness, for the first time from a Dodge affiliate. They diagnosed the problem as my linkage coming apart as it was not properly reassembled by the Westbury jeep tech. when they repaired my transmission. At this point I just drove home and gave up on my weekend from frustration and exhaustion. Just this past week, Nov 07, I needed to bring my truck back to Lee Dodge to have my door latch repaired, my linkage replaced, as Crowley Dodge just did a temporary fix on it to get me back on the road. Also to diagnose a problem with my Dashboard outside temperature digital thermometer. They fixed my door and linkage, but did not fix my thermometer and while taking apart my dash they broke the central locking system of my truck and left my instrument panel molding misaligned and protruding from the rest of the dash. When I called the service manager the next morning and demanded an immediate appointment for them to fix my locking system, that they had just broken and to fix my dash the service manager was rude and told me not to bring my truck back to his shop. I asked to speak with the general mgr. He had the same attitude. I currently have an appointment with another dealership to have the remaining problems repaired 3 weeks from now! I also have an additional problem. It seems that at low speed and when slowing down the truck it has developed a rumbling noise like I'm running on a shoulder. During all of this The Chrysler Group has been a non-entity, invisable and not worthy of the concept of customer service. This post is not only to get other owners feedback but also to put together my thoughts as I'm considering court action against my dealership and Chrysler.

Thanks for reading,
I have an appointment with yet another Dodge sprinter dealership this thursday, 11/29. I'm hoping for the best!!!!

Ps. additional concern. leak from engine area. Rainbow stream from under engine compartment when raining. Fuel, tranny fluid, oil???? seems to have greater flow with heat boost on?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.