DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is up with these guys, My Dodge that I traded in was at 0% interest so I waited to get a new one, I was just looking at Dodge.com thinking they would be the best way to go, finally cheaked my bank and they were almost 2 points lower, talked to dealer and he got me credit union for even cheaper plus a 1000 rebate for going credit union, he shook his head and said they haven't financed thru Chrysler since back in Nov. He said the only way someone would go thru them is if no one else would , Dealer said rates were rediculus( I know its not spelled right :teacher: ) and chrysler knows it, no wonder their in trouble!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Chrysler Financial is in trouble with tanking residuals on lease returns and no capital.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I financed my first truck, back in 03 through them. Was very good expereince and I just used to online website for the payments so it was hassle free....I guess a lot has changed though since then.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I financed my first truck, back in 03 through them. Was very good expereince and I just used to online website for the payments so it was hassle free....I guess a lot has changed though since then.
Me too! I had 0% interest for 5 years with an automatic withdrawl payment on my 04 I just traded in, I had direct depoist from work into an account just for the truck, I didn't even think about,it was automatic, I was even putting a little more a wk into the account than I needed to so it building up drawing interest but at 0% there was no need to pay it off early. I just assumed the rates they were offering now was what the market was, that was 1 reason I was waiting, I figgered with the bailout and need to show a profit they might do the 0% again, they probadly will now I bought one! :bawl:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well Chrysler financial will become more competitive again now that they just got their 1.5 billion government relief money just for them!! You will start to see more 0% financing in the coming months. Gmac was in the same situation and for a while wouldn't finance to anyone with under a 700 fico. Now that they got their government relief, you will see the same thing as chrysler financial. Most of this has to do with the financial sectors credit freeze. It is not a surprise that they are down as much as they are in sales just from the lack of leases and the lack of available financing. Here is a link talking a little about the situation.

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/news/2009/163_news090116_chrysler_0_percent_financing/index.html

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
They got in trouble from the 0% financing. You can't make any money at 0%

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'll never deal with them again. I bought my 03 and set it up on auto draft. 5 years later I knew my truck note was ending at any time so I was happy. That was until I got a rude phone call from one of there agents. The lady had a attitude like I was a deadbeat and proceeded to tell me how I was 28 days past due and they were going to ruin my credit score if I didnt pay IMMEDIATELY. I told her that she has something wrong because my truck has been on auto draft since day 1 and I've never been late on a note. She starts telling me "if you would have read your finance contract you would have seen that the final payment has to be done by you. Now you have a late fee and in 2 days your credit score it going to take a hit if you don't pay now" I said well I imagine after 59 perfect payments you can waive the late fee? She said "No I can not, and theres also going to be a payment processing fee too" She was actually enjoying this and rubbing it in. I just told her fine. I hope this is being recorded, heres the credit card and I'm happy to know that its the last penny you will ever get from me.

When people treat customers like that I make sure and tell everyone how they do business. I hope you can pass this along too.

Maybe they are going broke due to lack of return business.

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
I would have asked to talk to her supervisor first.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow! Joefox, I would have been taken the same way, I traded mine off before the final payment but I never would have thought to cheak about that last payment deal, that is almost like a trap!

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
I havent had a problem with CF yet. So far I'm enjoying it, better then my Bank of the West experience.

·
Registered
158 Posts
When I bought that 03 there was a 2500 rebate going on or 0% So I built the truck and sent it to the dealer and the window sticker was like 34,500. They sold it to me for 29,900 and some change after taking of the rebate plus the dealer will knock off some to....We figured it up and since I finaced for 3 years the rebates were worth more than what I would have saved with 0 interrest. So I went with the rebates and the truck was 31,900 I think after taxes and I paid like 18k down cash...

So it just depends on your situation..How long will finance? What is the interest rate vs the rebates? Usually like me its better to take the rebates in the long run if you are buying the truck...

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
i gotta :IDEA: why not just never ever finance a vehicle at all

i mean why pay 50k for a 35k dollar truck thats worth around 20k the minute you drive off the dealer lot?

(oh and y'all should listen to dave ramzey, great guy)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i gotta :IDEA: why not just never ever finance a vehicle at all

i mean why pay 50k for a 35k dollar truck thats worth around 20k the minute you drive off the dealer lot?

(oh and y'all should listen to dave ramzey, great guy)
I agree,same with a house, just offer cash $250,000 for a $300,000 home and no payments, just think of the money you'll save in 30 years ! :IDEA:

just joking !

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
I agree,same with a house, just offer cash $250,000 for a $300,000 home and no payments, just think of the money you'll save in 30 years ! :IDEA:

just joking !
house is a lil different

1/4 of take home pay per month is the payment

with a fixed rate for no more than 15 years

·
Registered
158 Posts
A home is an investment...So is land and it usually increases in value...A vehicle is not...It is proably a ver pooor invest ment...If thats how people had to buy like that..with cash as you said then they would all be out of buissness....Because most folks don't even have any spare cash lying around let a lone 25,000 bucks...Plus the finance companies and banks would take a bad hit...When I walk in with the 18k for my truck they almost fell over....A lot buy with nothing down...So in these times today I am just waiting because these trucks are gonna continue to drop and deals are getting better.....Also fuel prices have started going right back up here again and it is unreal...I bet it will be appoarching 2 dollars again....If it jumps up again like last summer then most of these guys are gonna be outta buisness....

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
I recently paid off my 03 through Chrysler Financial on October 6th. It is now January 21st and I still have not recieved my title. I have called repeatedly over the last 3 months, and keep getting a run around about what happened to it. I have asked numerous times to speak to a supervisor, and they just put me on hold and give me the same BS answers. FINALLY, last week, I get a response that all CF can do is send me a lien release and that I have to then take that to the DMV to request a title. Mine was apparently lost in shipping, and it took 3 months for someone to give me a clear answer on what I need to do to get this taken care of. I am not impressed.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I recently paid off my 03 through Chrysler Financial on October 6th. It is now January 21st and I still have not recieved my title. I have called repeatedly over the last 3 months, and keep getting a run around about what happened to it. I have asked numerous times to speak to a supervisor, and they just put me on hold and give me the same BS answers. FINALLY, last week, I get a response that all CF can do is send me a lien release and that I have to then take that to the DMV to request a title. Mine was apparently lost in shipping, and it took 3 months for someone to give me a clear answer on what I need to do to get this taken care of. I am not impressed.
That sucks, I financed through CF to get the $1k, made 2 payments (to hopefully build credit, as I had been overseas for the last 7 years) and then sent off the final payment. I recieved the lien release about 2/3 weeks later. I guess I overpaid by $20 because I got a check from them 3 days ago.

The only problem I had was that they have a cap of $14K on payments, so I had to send payoff in two electronic payments instead of one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.