DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Originating Member
33,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from a story in the Wall Street Journal

"Chrysler executives have also now decided to kill the entire PT Cruiser line after the 2009 model year, according to a dealer who was told of the decision this past week. The move further expands the auto maker's push to eliminate slower-selling models. Chrysler, in announcing the expanded restructuring this month, said that it was dropping the PT Cruiser convertible, Chrysler Pacifica, Chrysler Crossfire and Dodge Magnum."

· Registered
251 Posts
I don't understand this at all. When the Cruiser first came out, you had to pay thousands over sticker to get one! It was one of Chrysler's most successful cars. And now it's run its course already? I don't get it. My guess is that it simply needs to be updated.

· Originating Member
33,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking with the new ownership, that either a car is very sucessful, with growing sales or demand, or its flat with potential, or they maybe think its played out and will delete the model in favor of a new one

I am personally interested to see what they have as far as concept models that probably will make it to production, about 4 or 5 years from now - my guess is that the next couple year concepts have already been cooked up (so to speak) and I would guesstimate in about 5 years we will see what the new Management comes up with in terms of a vehicle they think will sell

What do you think ?

Is 5 years too far down the road ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.