DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make sure I am clear on something I read...
Are the chrome wheels on the limited really just chrome covers over standard aluminum rims?

·
Registered
276 Posts
They are just chrome plated plastic covers. Made me mad when I found that out, what a ripoff.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
roadkill, that really sucks, what's under the plastic...the standard wheel on all the other limited?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm not sure actually.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
nope, the wheel under the chrome cover is not fit to be used alone...very rough finish and ugly...looks like a spare or something...besides the chrome cover is virtually unremovable...it's glued on something fierce!

·
Registered
26 Posts
ohhhhh, I'd be pissed to say the least. Glad I got the SLT and added 20's afterwards.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I bought my D, the dealer confirmed the plastic. The dealer wanted $250 ea. for those wheels if I wanted them on the truck and said the ones on the Rams were also plastic and more expensive. Needless to say, I like the look, but couldn't put them on. Besides, for $1000 I'll put and exhaust and new intake in first.

·
Registered
384 Posts
They fooled me until the next day. I was pissed to. I'm looking for some black wheels for replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.