DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen plenty of them for the old small blocks from back in the 60's and 70's, but I don't see any that are made for the Magnum engines. As a last resort, I'll go with the Mopar Performance valve covers, but I'd love to have chrome. I realize that I can buy the Mopars and then get them chromed as an option, but the cost on that would be too much.

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
coach, i was going to say mopars , but also, call up jegs or summit. i believe they sell them. if not, as an alternative..... a powder shop local to me can powder them in "polished aluminum" which looks like just that, polished aluminum. they charged me 30 dollars to powder my brush gaurd, i cant imagine it being more than 20 dollars or so to do your valve covers.

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks cbrenn. Powder coating isn't an option I had thought of.

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
if i'm out that way (powder coat shop) i'll snap ya a few pics and get you the name and paint code for the polished aluminum. maybe it's something u would be interested in or could find there locally.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Mopar makes polished aluminum. I have them. I've also seen awsome looking power coated Mopar covers. Have the done whatever color and have the fins and Mopar lettering polished out. Any local powder coater / metal shop should be able to do it of Scott at http://www.socaldakota.com/ does them also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.