DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the chrome strips that run from behind the front wheel well to the rear bumper removable? Would you have to re-paint? I'm looking at buying a truck with them but don't like the look of them at all. and what about the chrome fender lining?

Thanks

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Yep they have screw in them might not have to paint.

·
Don't Fear the Reaper
1,638 Posts
Are you talking about the chrome body side moldings? If so, those are only held on with 3M tape and easily removable. It is painted underneath but you have to clean up all the tape residue after taking them off. Same with the stick on fender chrome.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Are you talking about the chrome body side moldings? If so, those are only held on with 3M tape and easily removable. It is painted underneath but you have to clean up all the tape residue after taking them off. Same with the stick on fender chrome.
I'm not sure if he's talking about stainless rocker panel moldings or what. I've got stainless rockers on my red truck, check my gallery and see if that's what I'm thinking you have. If it is, those are only easily removable with a torch. They don't come off unless you cut the whole body panel off and weld a new one without stainless back on. They ain't going anywhere.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
I thought he was talking about the chrome around the wheel wells and they are screwed up sorry if I had the wrong chrome in mind.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure if he's talking about stainless rocker panel moldings or what. I've got stainless rockers on my red truck, check my gallery and see if that's what I'm thinking you have. If it is, those are only easily removable with a torch. They don't come off unless you cut the whole body panel off and weld a new one without stainless back on. They ain't going anywhere.
Yeah i'm talking about the rocker panels. Would it be possible to paint them?

·
Cant see me
1,210 Posts
I wouldn't paint chrome, espically since it is toward the bottom of the truck. Rocks will chip the paint in no time. I also would never paint any chrome, it will never last, I don't care what anyone says, it will chip off with time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The chrome panels can be taken off but the paint underneath may get damaged. The best bet would probably be to heat the area to soften the adhesive, then pry up a corner, grab it with pliers and pull.
Gord.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
You forgot to say a prayer just before pulling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.