DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
tbird2340
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a rear backup sensor system in my truck.. There are four sensors that I will be mounting in the rear bumper. They come black and my bumper is chrome so I will want to paint them..

Anyone know where I can get paint that is identical to the stock chrome bumpers? I know Pepboys and the like carry paints for touch up but didn't know if anyone knew a specific color code or anything.

Thanks

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
how big are these? i dont think they would look bad in black if they are what im thinking of

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
you can't really replicate chrome with a spray. Even plastic that is "chromed" is plated. the closest thing is the chrome spray paint that you can buy but be warned it is just a silver. I can't tell you how many high schooler's cars around here have the rims, bumpers, exhaust tips painted with that stuff because they thought it was going to be shiny chrome

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
why dont you just have your bumper painted to match the truck and then color match the sensor?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I wouldn't worry about matching them. Fords have those unmatched and they look fine

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
That's a good price. Post pics when you get them installed. I wouldn't mind having a set since I have to back into my garage.

I would also recommend leaving them black, you will never get chrome paint to match and it will never look right.

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
I have always wanted a Carputer. I have a spare motherboard and CPU sitting on the shelf. Might have to build one soon.

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Agreed. I would like to give it a shot though. I have done a few fiberglass sub boxes and laid down glass under the floor in my boat, but nothing that has had too look good and be smooth and painted. I would like the challenge though.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
My Dad has them on his Ford and I have seen quite a few Rams with installed at the dealership. Doesn't look bad at all to be honest.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.