Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I or shouldn't I?????

I'm also thinking about a billet fuel door. White just seems right for these things where on my blue one I was totally against the idea.....

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
yes on the handles, no on the billet fuel door.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny, I was just looking at the picture and thinking the same thing.... LOL

Thanks

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Look in my gallery. I have the chrome door handles and tailgate latch but not the billet door.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I think they look the best on white ;) By the way get the real ones, not the stick ons.

Attachments

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are pretty but I'm not spending that kind of scratch on door handles. I can get the stick ons for about $85.00 including the tailgate handle. They are Putcos so they must be decent....

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I've had the putco's for almost a year. Paid $60 US for the 5 piece set on ebay :)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I like'em on my Bright White Sport truck.

Greg

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'm gonna do it. The best thing about this kind of mod is that Mama won't even know that I did it. Same with the cab lights. She has no idea!! The only reason it matters is that we have an agreement that anything I spend on the truck, I give her the same amount in cash. It got very expensive last year for me........

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
If she is anything like my old lady she will notice the door handles the first time she gets in the truck. I thought I had that one licked and it didn't work. I told her they were on the truck when I got it and she made me open the folder with my truck pictures the day I bought it and I lost, LOL

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, my wife has the Mack Daddy conversion van that came with all this good stuff on it so she really doesn't say much anyways. It's just more fun trying to hide things from her.....

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the Putco solid liquid billet handles on my truck. About $250 for all, incl tailgate. Unfortunately, the chrome is bubbling up on them - no peeling yet, but looks like rust under the thin layer of chrome. Putco will stand behind them, but I haven't had time to mess with it. Also, afraid the new ones will do the same thing.

On another note, I recently saw a set of "real" billet handles for the Dodge Ram - over $500 for the set, not including the tailgate. Yikes!

On my next truck, I'll probably just do the stick-ons.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Me likes the chrome!!!!!!!!!

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Yea the chrome will look good, if anything tell her you painted them with a $5 can of spray paint and hand her a $5 bill and say dont spend this on foolishness ;)

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
maka said:
Yea the chrome will look good, if anything tell her you painted them with a $5 can of spray paint and hand her a $5 bill and say dont spend this on foolishness ;)
Now thats funny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heck, Maybe I'll just mask off around the handles and spray them with the chrome paint myself for the $5.00!!!! :IDEA:

Just kidding!! I've used that crap before..... ;)

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
lol^ yea, ive been lazy and ive been painting stuff ON my truck like the antenna base. I just mask it off but somehow theres always paint left over. then Im trying to scrub it off.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ordered them yesterday and I should have them next week sometime. Then I'm done!! I SWEAR I'M DONE!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Got Diesel? said:
Ordered them yesterday and I should have them next week sometime. Then I'm done!! I SWEAR I'M DONE!!!!!!!!
ya right imagine that lol

ya the wife and i have s agreemant that anything that costs more then 100.00 we talk about so thats why i charge 80-100 on the cards and pay the rest in cash or out of a secret bank account that i have lol

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha Ha, I also have it sent to work so she doesn't even know I have ordered more stuff!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.