DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Oh Sh** the COPS!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to get some of these soon and was curious on how hard they actually were to get put on correctly. I know Mopar doesn't sell them so i have to find some good after market brand. Anyone with experience with this?

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
A snap to put on

Been on my wife's 2002 since Jan 2002 --NO problems

PUTCO brand

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Had the Putco ones on my last 3 trucks with no problems. Just make sure you keep them clean in the winter.

·
Oh Sh** the COPS!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help, probably be ordering sooner than i thought now.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I found them on ebay pretty cheap for my 05. Make sure you check your passenger side for a key hole or no key hole before you order or buy. There are two different sets.

·
Oh Sh** the COPS!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i saw that, i just hate how so many people have the quad cab set for sale but dont include the tailgate handle. Thanks again.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Even if you order or buy from a store the tailgate handle is separate

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
i have putco too... just FYI, the front handles are smaller than the rears :shocked: LOL

-David

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
schawks73 said:
i have putco too... just FYI, the front handles are smaller than the rears :shocked: LOL

-David
Sounds like you found out the hard way just like I did on my 03 :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
Registered
916 Posts
I had Putcos on my '04....loved 'em. They where easy to put on just make sure that your handles are clean with no Armor All and such.

·
Oh Sh** the COPS!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they are just held on by double sided tape arent they

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Yes, takes about 20 minutes to do all 4. Just take your time and make sure you get them on straight before you push down. Once they are stuck, they are stuck. Make sure you wipe the old handles down real good with the alcohol guaze that comes with them to make sure you are starting with a dirt and wax free area.

·
Registered
916 Posts
jare23 said:
they are just held on by double sided tape arent they
Yes, 3M tape to be exact but I swear it must be the same stuff they use to repair the space shuttle lol!

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Here is my 05 and my 08 with them on

Attachments

·
25HEMI00
1,064 Posts
before you do the tailgate cover, look into a bullydog locking gate. It's cheap and easy to do.

·
Oh Sh** the COPS!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks again, i dont think i've ever seen a forum that had so many replies so quickly. I'll be on here daily now i'm sure.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Welcome to the site! :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yeah pretty cool place, lotta great guys here with endless amounts of knowledge. Welcome to DT! :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.