DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello , im getting my 20's ready to be powder coated black , so when i poped the cheap plastic cover off the hole in the wheel is bigger than the hole in the cover for the center cap, just wondering if anyone has ran into this and my have a idea what to do. not sure if the painted ones have a diff center cap or not. would like to find somethen that would fit ,

thanks , john

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
The painted and chrome clad 20"s all use the same center cap. I used the center cap off my chrome clad 04 20" wheels on my 06 20" painted wheels.

KB

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i looked at the pic of your wheels, thats the same cap i have , if you take the plastic cover off a chrome 20 the hole in the wheel is almost a inch bigger , not sure if anything will work

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Right, I noticed that in another thread where a guy posted pics of a "skinned" chrome clad. I recommended people to not do that to an 06-08 clad in that thread. lol The center opening of the 06-08 with the clad removed, is huge and way different than the clad 03-05 style. Plus you have those little indents on each spoke of the 06-08s.

The 03-05 clads can still run the center cap, as the bore opening is the same and all. It's not affected too bad by the clad being removed. I noticed the style you have really opens up wide and I was concerned the caps wouldn't fit. Apparently this truly is the case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts