DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i find a chip or tuner for my 1995 4x4 1500?

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Those of us with 97 and earlier trucks got stiffed in terms of tuners, since we have OBD1 computers. The best thing to do is send the computer off to B&G to get flashed with a performance tune. http://www.bgperformancepcm.com/

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
Those of us with 97 and earlier trucks got stiffed in terms of tuners, since we have OBD1 computers. The best thing to do is send the computer off to B&G to get flashed with a performance tune. http://www.bgperformancepcm.com/
actually my 97 is obd2 if you have the egr valve its obd 1 no egr valve obd 2 you can check with hemifever on here and see if the sct trunner will work on yours

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
96 and later are OBD2. 96 & 97 evidently have an ECU that no one makes a tuner for.:gr_patrio

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Well SOB, just looked under my dash and saw the OBD2 plug. Well that pisses me off now that these trucks don't have tuners for them then.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
SCT can tune '96 and up Rams. Now I've heard a '96 5.2 didn't have a writeable pcm so I'd have to verify that but I've got MANY '96 5.9 customers.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Question, Hemi fever. What is the difference in the 96 & 7 ECU from the 98 and later? I know you tune them but there doesn't seem any mass produced tuners for them. :gr_patrio

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
the problem with the 97 is the antilock brake system so ive been told and there are tuners for the 97 other than sct however they only offer generic tunes and cant change speedo for tires or gears the sct is able to do more from what i have read on here so imo that makes the sct and hemifever my hero :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
725 Posts
If I remember correctly the 97 down had a speed sensor in the trans. A speedo correction would need changing the plastic driven gear on the sensor. On the 98-up to change tire size you just need a snap-on scanner to do so through the ABS module, this has nothing to do with the PCM.

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
If I remember correctly the 97 down had a speed sensor in the trans. A speedo correction would need changing the plastic driven gear on the sensor. On the 98-up to change tire size you just need a snap-on scanner to do so through the ABS module, this has nothing to do with the PCM.
you are correct thats how i had to do mine change the gear 31 to 36 tooth if i remember right

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
SCT can tune '96 and up Rams. Now I've heard a '96 5.2 didn't have a writeable pcm so I'd have to verify that but I've got MANY '96 5.9 customers.
So how would i even go about tuning my truck then? I need to get rid of torque management first and foremost.

·
Registered
725 Posts
So how would i even go about tuning my truck then? I need to get rid of torque management first and foremost.
Since you have a dyno available you can use a Unichip for your dodge. I believe you buy these for 500.

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Is that a standalone software? Since it's cheap i'm interested.

·
Registered
725 Posts
No it's not a standalone, and it's not software either. It's a piggyback and you have to splice it in.

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
I just looked it up, and it says directly on the site "We make a un-tunable vehicle tunable by simply hardwiring Unichip programmable performance chips with the aid of a highly developed software package"

We have ford software and a GM tuner, but not chrysler software. I read this as the unichip just allows your computer to be tuned with tuning software.

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Thanks man, reading into it now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.