DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Wife always wanted an SRT challenger...and she always wanted kids.

Well, we had our son, sold our SRT6 crossfire....and now she's concerned that getting our boy in/out will be too much of a chore.

Does anyone here have a child safety seat in the rear, specifically the middle rear?

How are the rear pasenger safety ratings?

Give me some ammo to help sell her on it! I don't want to end up with a Tahoe...maybe a charger srt or new durango if the challenger is a pain?;)

·
Mopar Madman
135 Posts
I have seen one in a thread on a Challenger forum. It was a pic thread for 2011 392's. Posters name is Eric I believe on one of the last pages. Not sure if I can post a link here but, great forum for Challenger talk.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
we are in the same position...kids are soon but mine is a 2 door. thats why we got an SRT Jeep

boom, problem solved

·
Black & White
613 Posts
its a slight pain but completely doable first few times you will be cussing and think it was a huge mistake but then you will get the hang of it and it really isn't that hard i have 2 child seats (baby car seat for my 7 mo old and 3 1/2 yr old convertible car seat) in the back of my 2010 Chally SRT-8, best advice is get a base for easy in and out

·
S.M.I.L.E
597 Posts
We don't have an SRT, but I figure there's not much difference in the backseat size.lol We don't have too much of a problem getting the kids in and out of the car and we have THREE car seats.lol! Good thing about it, we have two booster seats and those kids can get on their own after we bring the front seats up. Hubby (6' even) and I (5'6") can both get to the backseat to lift out our 10 month old from a rear-facing convertible seat. After installing the baby's car seat, we don't take any more or less time to get in and out of our Challenger than it does to get in and out of our Durango. Getting kids into and out of a vehicle will be a slight pain regardless.lol It's nothing you shouldn't be able to handle til your baby is old enough to face frontwards (that will be a bit more relief). : ) Hope she decides on getting the Challenger! I actually had to talk my husband into getting ours.Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.