DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car recently blew a waterpump. Replaced pump, along with chain and tensioner. No internal damage.

The car started fine but after a few minutes it died. This has happened repeadtly since. It does not seem to be related to heat as sometimes it only runs a minute or so, sometimes 10 or more minutes.

I noticed that the spark plugs were not firing and were dry.

My suspicion is the crank sensor, but I would also like to check the fuel pressure.

However, the 2.7 has no port. Has anyone a possible cure for this problem and how to install a port?

Many thanks in advance

Guy Poppe

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe there is a fuel pressure port up under the firewall, near where the fuel line from the car plugs into the hard fuel lines on the engine. Of course it is not located anywhere convienent, such as near the injectors. You can probably find it w/o removing the plenum, but I think it is located up under there.

If your crank sensor is on the fritz it will throw an engine code. I always thought when it went out it did so permanently; mine (2001 that had a 2.7, now a 3.2) started a similar behavior a couple of weeks ago- driving along, dies all of a sudden. Put it in park and wait about 15 sec and it fires right up, seems to do this after it has been running about 5 or so minutes. It has thrown code P0320, crankshaft sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.