DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: I wanted to show a friend how to check engine codes by cycling key on-off-on 3 times to show any engine codes in the odometer display.He has a 2005 chrysler 300.I could not do it. I know it worked to do it on my 2000 durango, my 2001 ram 2500, and my wifes 2005 pacifica.Does any one know if it works to check codes on all dodge products 2000 and newer ? or just a few selected models.Thanks in advance

· ******* SPACESTATION
5,527 Posts
maybe there were no codes to be read?
Haven't tried it on the wife's D yet.

· Registered
10 Posts
Read some where that you can only check codes on Dodge Rams 1998 or earlier using the key. From 1999 on that you require a reader, I'm sorry I can not remember if it was here or not. But the thing is now, I have codes and want to know what they mean. Not sure if that helps out or not....

· ******* SPACESTATION
5,527 Posts
I know the old 96 Cherokee I had you could check the codes by couting the CEL flashes.

If you go to a parts house, they have a reader that gives you the code and the explanation - for free.

· Registered
132 Posts
My wife's '03 Durango works by turning the key. On my truck you have to push in on the odometer reset button, turn the key on and then let off the button. The guages go through a diagnostic test, then, if there are any codes, they appear on the odometer readout.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.