DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Boom goes the dynamite
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i was at work to day a customer came in and said his truck would only stay running if kept foot on the pedal, i opened the hood and found this. he must have been driving through the large amount of snow we got here the past couple days and he filled his air box so tightly with snow the engine couldn't suck air then back fired and blew this piece apart.
please let my know if the pics work it is my first time posting pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
WOW not good at all .... :drivingz:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Suprised he didnt hydrolock it...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
WoW! thats amazing...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
i have never seen that, i have seen water on the floorboards. back in the dark ages i have seen fuel motors hydrolock. dont forget a fuel motor has to take in 1.5 lbs or air for every 1 lb of fuel. your truck takes in 14.7 lbs of air for every 1 lb of fuel.

·
Registered
551 Posts
My guess is a 4.7 right? Never seen that piece brake but have seen a few engines hydrolocked from sucking up water. Hemi's are pretty good at doing that lol.Awhile back a big dump of rain in a day had about 5 engines go through the shop that month.One customer swear up and down never went through water. Yet the air filter was wet and the intake manifold had bout half a litre of water. Drained about 3 litres of water from the pan.

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
Wow!

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
Thats wild!!! Ive done some crazy snow wheelin before and never had that happen.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
:YO:
Doh!

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
i had a grand Cherokee witha 4.7 do that, It backfired so hard, blew it apart like the pic.

·
Registered
840 Posts
What is this "snow" that you speak of???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.