·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly how can you go wrong for 60 bucks... If it did not do anything performance wise, at least it has decent looks.

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
Wow for that price I think I will have to get one. I have problems with my K+N cold air kit.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah someone get one and let me know! I will have to get one for christmas

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have one, great deal!

For any price it is a well designed kit, everything fit perfectly all the little nuts/bolts/etc where included. It sounds really good and I picked up alittle mpg. Powerwise, the truck really has more power above 4000rpms now.

It does include a throttlebody spacer, that's smooth inside, perfect for nitrous :)

Attachments

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the heat shield stay in place well? It looks like a knockoff of the zemok, which is a knockoff of the brute force, framboost! What are the dimensions on that filter? Thanks for replying!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yeah the heatshield bolts down in 3 spots. Its not going anywhere. I dont the exact numbers on the filter, but its 3.5" tubing. I'm guessing the filter is around 10" long maybe.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you get the dreaded egr noise with this intake?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
i think black might look better, but i might just pick one of those up.

·
New Project!...Again!
3,261 Posts
That is everything that I got with mine. And it all looks the same. Except finish. Mine is a Mopar intake / AEM....

At worst, get the kit and then buy a dry flow filter from AEM. Even so, you spent just under a 100 bucks for a CAI.

·
nick
390 Posts
Will it work on the 4.7?

·
OH-----IO
260 Posts
That's the one i got, it works great, makes a good mount for you if you decide to go shroudless, if you take a look at the pic is has a stamped piece that can be cut-out, don't make the mistake i did, i busted my my hood lamp, so if you got a hood lamp either move it or remove the cutout. To make it look a little more professional i added a mopar perfromance sticker.

Attachments

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
phantom345 said:
That's the one i got, it works great, makes a good mount for you if you decide to go shroudless, if you take a look at the pic is has a stamped piece that can be cut-out, don't make the mistake i did, i busted my my hood lamp, so if you got a hood lamp either move it or remove the cutout. To make it look a little more professional i added a mopar perfromance sticker.

Hey phantom...nice setup...can you tell me what those 2 chrome tubes that are mounted on/near the heat shield are? thanks...

·
OH-----IO
260 Posts
thanks man, i have a couple ideas from some other members about how to clean up the fan install, the chrome bottles are the radiator overflow, and windshield washer reservoir, i got them off ebay from the fatrodder's. they were like 40 a piece, you also have to get a universal windshield washer pump. with the heat shield it makes a nice mount.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
:tup: ..hehe..i didn't even think to look for the reservoirs...lol...they dress the engine up nice...

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...can we still buy it if the bidding has ended?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.